Roman Catholic Diocese of Palmerston North
The Latin Rite Catholic Diocese of Palmerston North is a suffragan Diocese of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington. It was formed on 6 March 1980 when the Archdiocese was divided. The Diocese has an area of area 36,200 km² and had, in 2011, 59,099 Catholics, 58 Priests, 141 Religious and a total population of 470,000 people. The Cathedral of Palmerston North is the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit.
Ordinaries of Palmerston North
|1980 to 2012||Peter James Cullinane||1936 to present|
|2012 to present||Charles Edward Drennan||1960 to present|
- Peter James Cullinane (born 1936), Bishop Emeritus of Palmerston North.
- Owen John Dolan (born 1928) Coadjutor Bishop Emeritus (2004 - present); Coadjutor Bishop of Palmerston North (1995-2004).
- Charles Edward Drennan (born 1960), Bishop of Palmerston North (2012 - present).
- Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, Palmerston North
- Francis Douglas (priest)
- Holy Name Seminary
- Holy Cross College (New Zealand)
- Roman Catholicism in New Zealand
- List of New Zealand Catholic bishops
- Southern Star Abbey
- Palmerston North
- New Plymouth
- Cullinane College, Whanganui
- Francis Douglas Memorial College, New Plymouth
- Hato Paora College, Feilding
- Sacred Heart College, Napier
- Sacred Heart Girls' College, New Plymouth
- St John's College, Hastings
- St Joseph's Māori Girls' College, Taradale, Napier
- St Peter's College, Palmerston North
- Vatican Information Service, Pontifical Acts for February 22, 2011, Msgr Charles Drennan  (retrieved 23 February 2011)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Catholic Diocese of Palmerston North.|
- Catholic Diocese of Palmerston North
- "Diocese of Palmerston North". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2007-01-07.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Oceania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|