Roman Empire (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Roman Empire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Roman Empire usually refers to the post-republican, autocratic government period of Roman civilization (centered on Rome and its successor capitals on the Italian peninsula) from 27 BC to 395 AD.
However, Roman Empire may also refer to:
- Roman Republic (509 BC – 27 BC), the period of the ancient Roman civilization when its government first operated as a republic
- The two parts of the Roman Empire:
- Holy Roman Empire (962–1806) – The term: "Holy Roman Empire" is attested from 1254 onward to refer to the German Empire, which previously, from 1157 under the rule of Frederick I Barbarossa, was called simply the "Holy Empire".
- Italian Empire/Imperial Italy (1880s–1943), referred to by Benito Mussolini as a "New Roman Empire"
- Roman's Empire, a comedy television show on BBC Two
- The Fall of the Roman Empire (film), a 1964 epic film by Paramount Pictures
- Imperium Romanum (video game), 2008 video game developed by Haemimont Games
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Roman Empire.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.