Roman L. Hruska Federal Courthouse
|Roman L. Hruska Federal Courthouse|
The courthouse as seen from the west, on 18th Plz
|Location||111 S. 18th Plz, Omaha, NE|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Abby Suckle Architects|
The Roman L. Hruska Federal Courthouse is a 350,000 sq ft (33,000 m2) Federal Courthouse located at 111 S. 18th Plz. in Downtown Omaha, Nebraska. Completed in 2000, the six story courthouse serves the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, and features nine courtrooms and a central atrium; built at a cost of $70 million. It was dedicated October 24, 2000, in front of an audience of over 400 people. The courthouse was built on the site of the former Hotel Fontenelle which was razed in 1983. It was the first courthouse in the country to be built under the GSA’s Design Excellence Program.
- Abby Suckle Architects. "The Roman L. Hruska Federal Courthouse." Accessed February 6, 2010.
- Gruezen Sampton, LLP. "Roman Hruska US Courthouse." Accessed February 6, 2010.
- "New Federal Courthouse Dedicated in October". Accessed February 6, 2010.
- Nebraska Memories. Accessed February 6, 2010.
- U.S. General Services Administration. Accessed February 6, 2010.
- Official Nebraska Government Website: Nebraska Memories
- Abby Suckle: The Roman L. Hruska Federal Courthouse