With Lokomotiv in 2012
|Full name||Roman Aleksandrovich Shishkin|
|Date of birth||27 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Voronezh, USSR|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Right defender|
|Current club||Lokomotiv Moscow|
|2009||→ Krylia Sovetov Samara (loan)||25||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Shishkin graduated from local football school and at age 15 secured his first professional contract with FC Fakel. After some time with Fakel he moved to Spartak Moscow.
He made his professional debut for Spartak in 2004 when Nevio Scala started fielding a lot of young players. Roman eventually lost his position on the first team. In 2006 when Fedotov was appointed as a manager, Shishkin became a first team regular after Egor Titov's injury. Shishkin played as a right fullback. FC Spartak Moscow sold on loan the defensive-midfielder Shiskin went to Krylya Sovetov Samara.
On 12 September 2006 Shishkin made his European debut after he came in as a substitute in the UEFA Champions League match against Bayern Munich. At the end of 2006 UEFA named Shishkin among Europe's eight most prospective footballers and described him as having a good shot from distance and being useful from set-pieces
On 6 July 2010, Shishkin signed with Lokomotiv Moscow.
Shiskin was invited by Guus Hiddink to participate in the national team training sessions. His debut for the national team took place on 24 March 2007 as he played whole match during Russia's 2–0 victory over Estonia.
He was named to the provisional Russia's squad for the UEFA Euro 2012, but had to drop out before the tournament began due to stomach ailment.
- As of 7 May 2012
- As of 11 November 2011
- Igor Rabiner (2 February 2007). "Interview with ROman Shishkin". Sport-Express. Retrieved 25 March 2007. (Russian)
- UEFA (29 December 2006). "Teenage kicks". Archived from the original on 2 January 2007. Retrieved 23 January 2007.
- UEFA (24 March 2007). "Match report". Archived from the original on 1 June 2007. Retrieved 24 March 2007.
- Includes other competitive competitions, including the Russian Super Cup
- Roman Shishkin at National-Football-Teams.com