Roman Zozulya (footballer)
Zozulya with Ukraine in 2010
|Full name||Roman Vyacheslavovych Zozulya|
|Date of birth||17 November 1989|
|Place of birth||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|FC Dynamo-3 Kyiv|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 April 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Roman Vyacheslavovych Zozulya (Ukrainian: Роман В'ячеславович Зозуля, born 17 November 1989 in Kyiv) is a Ukrainian football striker, who plays as a forward for Ukrainian Premier League club Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk and Ukrainian national team.
He was a product of the Dynamo youth system progressing through Dynamo-3 and Dynamo-2. In 2008 after the 2007–08 season he was promoted to the main team.
On 27 February 2014, in a Europa League match against Tottenham Zozulya was sent off after he directed a head-butt towards Jan Vertonghen. Zozulya was sent off and had to restrained from attacking Vertonghen, who was accused of simulating the degree of contact. Tottenham went on to win the game 3–1, knocking Dnipro out of the Europa League.
Roman debuted for Ukraine on 2 June 2010 against Norway at Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo. He scored a goal after Yevhen Konoplyanka fired a long shot at Jon Knudsen, who fumbled with the ball and let Roman kick the ball into the net. He was substituted in the 81st minute.
|1.||2 June 2010||Ullevaal Stadium, Oslo, Norway||Norway||0-1||0-1||Friendly|
|2.||22 March 2013||National Stadium, Warsaw, Poland||Poland||1-3||1-3||WC 2014 Qual|
|3.||15 November 2013||Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex, Kiev, Ukraine||France||1-0||2-0||WC 2014 Qual|
|Correct as of 15 November 2013|
- Mike Dyce. "Europa League: Roman Zozulya gets straight red for head butting Tottenham player, chaos ensues (GIF)". fanside.com. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Jan Vertonghen Defends Himself Over Accusations of Simulation for Roman Zozulya Red Card". insidefutbol.com. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "UEFA Europa League: Tottenham 3 Dnipro 1". FourFourTwo. 27 February 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- (Ukrainian) God loves Trinity
- Zozulia nets winner on Ukraine debut
|This biographical article related to a Ukrainian association football forward born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|