The front cover of a contemporary Romanian biometric passport (2011)
The data page of a contemporary Romanian biometric passport
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||Romanian citizenship|
|Expiration||5 years after acquisition for applicants aged 6 or over, 3 years for children under 6 years old|
The Romanian passport is the official travel document issued by the Romanian Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reform, through the Community Public Service for Issuing and Evidence of the Simple Passports (Serviciul Public Comunitar pentru Eliberarea şi Evidenţa Paşapoartelor Simple), to Romanian citizens who have the right to travel outside Romania. Romania has begun issuing its biometric passport on 31 December 2008.
Simple (biometric): valid for 5 years (for minors under 6 is valid for 3 years)
Simple (temporary): valid for 1 year, issued as an emergency travel document.
Regular Romanian EU passports are burgundy red in color, with the Romania Coat of Arms emblazoned in the center of the front cover. The words "European Union", "Romania", and "passport" are inscribed above and below the coat of arms (in Romanian). The information page identifying the bearer and the issuing authority is on the first page, not numbered (the Romanian passport contains 32 pages, information written on the 32nd page of the passport). On the last page, the bearer fills in information regarding contact person (persons) in case of emergency. On the third cover (the inner back cover) there are instructions for the bearer how to use and how not to use the passport.
Identity Information Page
The Romanian Passport includes the following data:
- Photo of Passport Holder
- Type (P)
- Country Code (ROU)
- Passport No.
- Given Names
- Date of Birth
- Personal No.
- Place of Birth
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Holder's Signature
The information page ends with the Machine Readable Zone.
Gallery of historic images
- Official site of the issuing authority
- Continental Airlines - Passport, Health and Visa Requirements for International Travel
- Delta Air Lines - Visa & Passport Information
- Saint Lucia Tourist Site of Frequently Asked Questions: Do I need a Visa to Enter Saint Lucia?
- Romania and Bulgaria Joining The EU - The Advantages
- SkyTeam Caring More About You
- What’s New for tourist and visitor. visas eVisitor available from 27 October 2008
- Visa Information For Foreigners - Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- How to obtain Romanian citizenship (passport) for Hebrew speaking people
- Romanian Citizenship · Romanian Passport
- Europa Travelling in Europe 2010
- Europa Summaries of EU Legislation