|Launched||Central & Eastern Europe: 1998
UK & Ireland: 3 September 2007
|Closed||UK & Ireland: 16 November 2009
Hungary: 2 July 2012
Central & Eastern Europe: 3 December 2012
|Network||Chello Zone/Chello Central Europe|
|Owned by||Chellomedia Liberty Global|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Formerly called||Romantica (Until 2006)|
|Replaced by||Romania: Romantica (2007-2012)
UK & Ireland: CBS Drama (2009)
Hungary: Film Café (2012)
Central & Eastern Europe: CBS Action (2012)
|Sister channel(s)||Zone Club
Zone Romantica (formerly Romantica) was a European TV channel that launched in 1998. The channel broadcast a mixture of telenovelas, music and entertainment from all over the world, but mainly from Latin America. The channel was available 24 hours a day, to 20 territories across Central and Eastern Europe, the United Kingdom, Ireland, as well as the Middle East. The channel reached 8 million subscribers.
The channel launched on Sky Digital in the UK and Ireland on September 3, 2007. It was broadcasting between 8 a.m. and 3 a.m. from the start. It slot on the Sky EPG had been purchased from BEN TV.
On 14 September 2009, it was revealed that the international arm of CBS, CBS Studios International, struck a joint venture deal with Chellomedia to launch six CBS-branded channels in the UK during 2009. The new channels would replace Zone Romantica, Zone Thriller, Zone Horror and Zone Reality, plus timeshift services Zone Horror +1 and Zone Reality +1. On 1 October 2009, it was announced that CBS Reality, CBS Reality +1, CBS Drama and CBS Action would launch on 16 November 2009 replacing Zone Reality, Zone Reality +1, Zone Romantica and Zone Thriller. On 5 April 2010, Zone Horror and Zone Horror +1 were rebranded as Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1, following the rebrand of the portfolio’s other three channels in November 2009.
On 2 July 2012, Hungarian version of Zone Romantica is replaced by Film Café. On 1 August 2012 Chellomedia revealed that all European versions of the Zone Channels would be rebranded into CBS Channels. CBS Action replaced Zone Romantica on 3 December 2012. However the channel still broadcast in Poland at the platform Cyfrowy Polsat.
Programme Line-up for UK/Éire features 3 Classic First Run US Daytime Soap Operas.
- A escrava Isaura
- Amazônia, de Galvez a Chico Mendes
- Aunque mal paguen
- ¿Dónde está Elisa?
- El encantador
- Hilda Furacão
- La quiero a morir
- Los misterios del amor
- Muñoz vale por 2
- Sabrosa pasion
- Sabrosa pasion plus
- Salvador de mujeres
- Vivir asi
- Voltea pa' que te enamores
- La diosa Coronada
- "Zonemedia to launch Romantica channel". The Airwaves. August 20, 2007. Archived from the original on July 24, 2011.
- "Zone brings US soaps to UK screens". Digital Spy. August 20, 2007.
- "In full: Freesat channels at launch". Digital Spy. May 6, 2008.
- "CBS FINALChello Zone partnership press release" (DOC). Chello Zone. 2009-09-14.
- "CBS to launch UK channels with Chellomedia". Broadcastnow. 2009-09-14.
- "Zone Horror rebrands as Horror Channel". Broadband TV News. 2010-03-31.
- "Chello rebrands movie channels". Broadband TV News. 2012-06-18.
- "CBS and Chellomedia take entertainment across EMEA". Broadband TV News. 2012-08-01.
- "Kanały CBS w Polsce. Co w ramówce?". Media2.pl. 2012-11-30.