Romaric as a Sevilla player (2010)
|Full name||Koffi Christian N'dri|
|Date of birth||4 June 1983|
|Place of birth||Abidjan, Ivory Coast|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Espanyol (loan)||28||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 January 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Koffi Christian N'dri (born 4 June 1983), commonly known as Romaric, is an Ivorian professional footballer who plays for French club SC Bastia. A versatile midfielder, he can play as either a central, an attacking or a defensive midfielder.
In May 2005, Romaric joined French club Le Mans UC72. In late August, however, he was involved in a serious car accident, fracturing his collarbone and taking a blow to the head close to Liège, in Belgium.
Romaric quickly recovered from his injuries and established himself in the Maine team's starting eleven. In 2006–07, he scored five goals in 35 matches as Le Mans easily retained its Ligue 1 status (12th position), and was also linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain F.C. as a replacement for departing Vikash Dhorasoo in the January transfer window – nothing came of it eventually; in his last season he reunited at the club with compatriot Gervinho, a former teammate at Beveren.
On 21 May 2008 Romaric signed for Sevilla FC in Spain, penning a four-year contract for a fee believed to be around €8 and 10 million, and linking up with countryman Arouna Koné. He scored his first La Liga goal on 7 December in a 4–3 away win against Real Madrid, and finished his first season with 36 matches (30 starts) as the Andalusians ranked in third position.
Romaric joined fellow top-divisioner RCD Espanyol on a season-long loan at the end of the 2011 summer transfer window. Included in the agreement was an option to make the transfer permanent at the end of the campaign, with the player signing a three-year contract.
Romaric made his debut for Côte d'Ivoire on 17 August 2005, in a 0–3 friendly loss with France in Montpellier. He was called up for the following year's FIFA World Cup squad, where he appeared in the 1–2 group stage defeat against the Netherlands.
Romaric played for the Elephants in the 2006 Africa Cup of Nations, with the tournament ending with a runner-up position after a final loss to hosts Egypt. He scored his first international goal on 29 March 2009, in a 5–0 home win against Malawi for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.
Romaric was selected for the final stages in South Africa, where he played in all the games in another group stage exit, netting against North Korea at Mbombela Stadium (3–0). He was, however, not included in the squad for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, in which Côte d'Ivoire finished runners-up.
|1.||29 March 2009||Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso||Malawi||1–0||5–0||2010 World Cup qualification|
|2.||7 June 2009||Conakry, Guinea||Guinea||2–1||2–1||2010 World Cup qualification|
|3.||25 June 2010||Nelspruit, South Africa||North Korea||2–0||3–0||2010 FIFA World Cup|
|4.||9 October 2010||Bujumbura, Burundi||Burundi||1–0||1–0||2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
- "List of players" (PDF). Confederation of African Football (CAF). Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Romaric". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Ndri Romaric". UEFA.com. 1 January 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- Gourizro, Giscard (11 August 2011). "Romaric on Lille's radar". Sky Sports. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Ivorian Romaric injured in car crash". BBC Sport. 30 August 2005. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "El Sevilla ficha al relevo de Keita" [Sevilla signs Keita's replacement] (in Spanish). Merca Fútbol. 21 May 2008. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Gourizro, Giscard (8 December 2008). "Romaric pleased with form". Sky Sports. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Sevilla lose again at home". ESPN Soccernet. 9 January 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Caferoglu, Livio (31 August 2011). "Official: Espanyol sign Romaric from Sevilla as Luis Garcia joins Real Zaragoza". Goal.com. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Holland survives group of death, eliminates Ivory Coast with 2–1 win". USA Today. 16 June 2006. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "North Korea 0–3 Ivory Coast". BBC Sport. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- L'Équipe stats (French)
- BDFutbol profile
- Romaric at National-Football-Teams.com
- Romaric – FIFA competition record
- 2010 FIFA World Cup profile
- Soccerway profile