|Elevation||148 ft (45 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||676833|
Rome is an unincorporated community located in Sunflower County, Mississippi. Rome is approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) north of the Mississippi State Penitentiary (Parchman) and 5 miles (8.0 km) south of Tutwiler along U.S. Route 49W.
Government and infrastructure
The City of Drew is served by the Sunflower County Consolidated School District. Elementary school students attend A. W. James Elementary School in Drew and middle school students attend Drew Hunter Middle School in Drew. High school students attend Ruleville Central High School in Ruleville.
Residents were previously zoned to the Drew School District. Children attended A.W. James Elementary School and Drew Hunter High School in Drew. Prior to the 2010-2011 school year the Drew School District secondary schools were Hunter Middle School and Drew High School. As of July 1, 2012, the Drew School District was consolidated with the Sunflower County School District. Drew Hunter's high school division closed as of that date, with high school students rezoned to Ruleville Central High School.
Mississippi Delta Community College has the Drew Center in Drew. Mississippi Delta Community College has the Drew Center in Drew. Sunflower County Library System operates the Drew Public Library in Drew.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rome, Mississippi
- "Post Office™ Location - ROME." United States Postal Service. Retrieved on August 11, 2011. "800 BALTZER ROME RD ROME, MS 38768-9998"
- "61 USPS branches targeted in Mississippi." San Antonio Express-News. Tuesday July 26, 2011. Retrieved on August 11, 2011.
- "Handbook 2012-2013." (Archive) Sunflower County School District. Retrieved on October 9, 2013.
- "Drew School District Audited Financial Statements For the Year Ended June 30, 2005." Office of the State Auditor, State of Mississippi. 12 (18/82). Retrieved on July 20, 2010.
- "Schools." Drew School District. Retrieved on August 16, 2010.
- "Board cuts schools down to 2." WDAM. April 12, 2010. Retrieved on August 16, 2010.
- Amy, Jeff. "Mississippi to return Okolona schools to local control; district merger ends Drew High School." Associated Press at The Republic. May 17, 2012. Retrieved on June 12, 2012.
- "Home." (Archive) Drew Hunter Middle School. Retrieved on October 9, 2013. "After two successful academic years, the high school portion of the school merged with Ruleville Central High School and Drew High School became Drew Hunter Middle School."
- "Off Campus Centers." Mississippi Delta Community College. Retrieved on July 20, 2010.
- "Directory." Sunflower County Library System. Retrieved on September 21, 2010.