Rome Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.31 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.25 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||528 ft (161 m)|
|• Density||46/sq mi (18/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62830, 62864, 62889, 62893, 62898|
|GNIS feature ID||0429665|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.31 square miles (94.0 km2), of which 36.25 square miles (93.9 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.14%) is water. The township is centered at 38°26'N 88°59'W (38.430, −88.976). It is traversed north-south by Interstate Route 57 and State Route 37.
Cities, towns, villages
- Boyd at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Raccoon Township, Marion County (north)
- Haines Township, Marion County (northeast)
- Field Township (east)
- Mt. Vernon Township (southeast)
- Shiloh Township (south)
- Casner Township (southwest)
- Grand Prairie Township (west)
- Centralia Township, Marion County (northwest)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Boyd, Boyd Farm, Ebenezer, Gilead, Jennings Farm, Little Grove and Pleasant Hill.
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Rome Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.