Romulus Community School District
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Romulus Community School District, also referred to as Romulus Community Schools (RCS) and Romulus Public Schools, is a public school district in Romulus, Michigan in Metro Detroit. The district's Administration Offices & Transportation Department is located at 36540 Grant Road. The current Superintendent of Schools is Dr. Paula Y. Daniels.
As of Summer 2013, the Inkster Public Schools District was entirely dissolved. The Romulus school district absorbed some of the Inkster boundary. Students south of Michigan Avenue and west of Middlebelt were rezoned to Romulus.
The following are the schools in the school district as of July 1, 2010:
|School Name||Address||School Mascot||Grades|
|Romulus Senior High School||9650 S. Wayne Road, Romulus||Eagles||9th – 12th Grade|
|Romulus Middle School||37300 Wick Road, Romulus||Bulldogs||6th – 8th Grade|
|Barth Elementary School||38207 Barth Road, Romulus||Bears||Kindergarten – 5th Grade|
|Halecreek Elementary School||16200 Harrison Road, Romulus||Hawks||Kindergarten – 5th Grade|
|Romulus Elementary School||32200 Beverly Road, Romulus||Jaguars||Kindergarten – 5th Grade|
|Wick Elementary School||36900 Wick Road, Romulus||Wolverines||Kindergarten – 5th Grade|
Other district buildings
- Romulus Community High/Middle School (7th – 12th grade)
- L.G. Burton Center (early childhood/preschool)
- Cory GSRP Center
Former district schools
- Beverly Elementary (Guidance Center Head Start & Administrative Offices)
- Cory Elementary (closed 2010—now GSRP Center)
- Gordonier Elementary (razed—site is now vacant lot)
- Harrison Elementary (occupied by Central Global Express)
- Hayti-Beverly Elementary (razed—site is now vacant lot)
- Merriman Elementary (now Romulus Alternative Middle/High School)
- Mt. Pleasant Elementary (Romulus/Van Buren Adult Education Center)
- Romulus Elementary (original school located on Olive near downtown area—now the Romulus Police Department)
- Texas Elementary (schoolhouse—remodeled into office building)
- North Middle (still in operation—now Romulus Middle School)
- South Middle (original location of Romulus High School—razed for Senior Citizens Park)
- "Dissolution of Inkster Public Schools." (Archive) Wayne County RESA Board of Education. Retrieved on November 2, 2013.
- "Home (Archive) Inkster Public Schools. Retrieved on November 2, 2013.
- Smith, Brian. "Inkster schools first to be dissolved; students split across 4 districts." Mlive. July 26, 2013. Retrieved on November 2, 2013.
- "NEW SCHOOL DISTRICT BOUNDARIES FOR INKSTER RESIDENTS" (Map). Wayne RESA. Retrieved on April 20, 2014.
- "Street Jurisdiction Map" (Archive) City of Westland. Retrieved on April 20, 2014.