|Golden State Warriors|
|College||Fresno Pacific (1965–1969)|
|1969–1972||Fresno Pacific (assistant)|
|1977–?||Fresno State (assistant)|
|?||UC Santa Barbara (assistant)|
|1992–1994||San Antonio Spurs (assistant)|
|1994–1996||Philadelphia 76ers (assistant)|
|1998–2003||Milwaukee Bucks (assistant)|
|2003–2008||Chicago Bulls (assistant)|
|2008–2010||Oklahoma City Thunder (assistant)|
|2010–2013||Chicago Bulls (assistant)|
|2013–2014||Boston Celtics (assistant)|
|2014–present||Golden State Warriors (assistant)|
Ron Adams is an American basketball coach who works as an assistant coach to the Golden State Warriors head coach, Steve Kerr. He formerly served as an assistant to Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens.
Adams has previously held coaching positions with Fresno Pacific University, UC Santa Barbara, Fresno State University, UNLV, Drake University, the San Antonio Spurs, the Philadelphia 76ers, the Milwaukee Bucks, the Chicago Bulls, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. He has also coached professional basketball in Belgium, consulted and coached with the Canadian national basketball program, in Japan with two clubs, and with the Belgian Basketball Federation.
On September 19, 2011, Adams was inducted into the Fresno Pacific University Athletic Hall of Fame. Adams played basketball at Fresno Pacific (1965–69) and began his coaching career there as well (1969–74).
Adams is considered one of the top defensive coaches.
On August 21, 2013, he joined the Boston Celtics as an assistant coach for the 2013–14 season.
On June 23, 2014, Adams joined the Golden State Warriors as an assistant coach.
- "Warriors Announce Steve Kerr's Coaching Staff". Golden State Warriors. 3 July 2014.
- "Celtics Finalize Coaching Staff". Nba.com. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Ron Adams becomes an assistant with Thunder". blogs.suntimes.com. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Mayberry, Darnell (July 12, 2010). "Thunder notebook: Nick Collison on Ron Adams' departure: "It's a big loss for us"". The Oklahoman. Retrieved July 14, 2010.
- "Ron Adams Hall of Fame Speech". YouTube. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Baldwin, Mike (February 3, 2009). "NBA: Ron Adams considered one of top defensive coaches". NewsOK.com. Retrieved August 13, 2013.