Ron Bennington (Left)
|Show||Ron and Fez|
|Station(s)||Raw Dog Comedy on (XM channel 99)|
|Time slot||12:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
Monday - Friday
|Station(s)||XM Comedy on XM Satellite Radio|
|Time slot||Saturday's at 8:00 - 9:00 PM ET|
Ron Bennington (December 31, 1959) is an American radio personality and comedian, who has been a host and co-host of a number of radio shows including the The Ron and Ron Show and The Ron and Fez Show, a daily radio show.
Ron and Ron (1987—1997), Ron and Fez (1987—Present)
In 1986, Bennington opened the Ron Bennington's Comedy Scene in Clearwater, Florida; he met Ron Diaz, on whose radio show he plugged his club, and quickly the two created the morning radio program The Ron and Ron Show. at Tampa Bay's WYNF-FM, known as 95YNF. Ron Diaz announced his departure in early 1997, and on September 29, 1997 the show ended.
After The Ron & Ron Show ended Bennington teamed up with Fez Whatley to create The Ron and Fez Show. After stints in Daytona Beach, New York City, and Washington, D.C., the show was broadcast from New York(originally briefly called "Ron and Fez dot com" as it was devoted to discussing Web sites) on 102.7 FM WNEW-FM from 2000-2003, and syndicated to additional FM stations toward the end of the run, until the station ended the talk format, and eventually moved to 106.7 FM WJFK-FM near Washington D.C. where it aired live from 2003–2005, a station that had been simulcasting the WNEW-based show since 2000. Bennington and Whatley moved back to New York and debuted on XM Satellite Radio on September 12, 2005.
Unmasked and other ventures, 2007-present
In 2007, Bennington began Unmasked, a solo venture which has one-on-one interviews with comedy legends and established and emerging comedic talents. Since October 2014 he co-hosts Bennington (with his daughter Gail), a radio show which airs on Opie with Jim Norton 's 7-10am time slot when Opie and Norton are off. Ron Bennington Interviews is a weekend program on XM which replays different interviews every week which Ron conducted. The show runs on Sirius XM Indie.
The Disciples of Comedy
In the mid-1990s Ron Bennington assembled a comedy troupe to tour to the markets where The Ron & Ron Show was syndicated. Ron Bennington's Disciples of Comedy included several comedians who had previously toured as part of Sam Kinison's Outlaws of Comedy prior to Kinison's untimely death in a 1992 car accident. The comedy tour sold out theatres of 2,000 to 3,000 seats.
Bennington has a cupcake named for him at Molly's Cupcakes locations, which is chocolate cupcake made with a combination of peanut butter filling, chocolate ganache, crushed butterscotch topping. In 2008 it was the best-selling cupcake at Molly's.
- Rusnak, Jeff (26 August 1994). "The Outlaws Are In". Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- 95ynf Tampa Bay Radio History of WYNF FM 94.9 Radio Station
- Ron Diaz
- Baker, Chris (11 June 2003). "The Washington Times Channel Surfing Column.". Washington Times.
- "Look Out, Howard!". Washington Post. pp. D03.
- Announcement of the program
- "Ron Bennington to Host Fridays When Opie And Jim Norton Are Off". Lighthouse Magazine. 9 October 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- RON BENNINGTON INTERVIEWS
- Indie Talk Radio-XL
- Warren Durso, Equire Magazine’s Ugliest Comedian, as seen in movies “Cutoff” and “Even Money” with Chad Riden
- Geurts, Jimmy (10 April 2013). "SNL alum Jim Breuer earned his comedy chops in local clubs in the '80s". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Breuer, Jim (2010). I'm Not High: (But I've Got a Lot of Crazy Stories About Life as a Goat Boy, a Dad, and a Spiritual Warrior). Penguin. p. 48. ISBN 9781101443804.
- "In The Humidor » Cigars 101 - The Basics". In The Humidor.
- Olvera, Jennifer (2013). Food Lovers' Guide to Chicago: The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 283. ISBN 9781493006625.
- Chicago Menu
- "No One Puts Cupcake in a Corner: Chicago Cupcake Run: Molly's Cupcakes". No One Puts Cupcake in a Corner.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ron Bennington|