Dart teaches in the Department of Political Science, Philosophy and Religious Studies at University of the Fraser Valley in Abbotsford, British Columbia. "He has become the most important writer about the Red Tory tradition in Canada."
He has authored over twenty books that deal with the interface between literature, spirituality and politics, including Thomas Merton and the Beats of the North Cascades. He is one of the primary experts on the life and thought of both Stephen Leacock and George Grant and their place in the pantheon of traditional Canadian conservative thought.
He is the political science advisor to the Stephen Leacock Museum in Orillia, Ontario, and a board member of the Thomas Merton Society of Canada. He has also penned numerous articles on Mountaineering.
He is a contributor to the Clarion Journal, and The Owl: George Grant Journal, where he has become one of the main traditional Tory voices opposing the "new conservatism" of Stephen Harper and the Conservative Party of Canada.
- Being the Church in Abbotsford: Reflective Essays (co-editor - Judson Lake House Publishers, 2013).
- Keepers of the Flame: Canadian Red Toryism (Fermentation press, 2012).
- George P. Grant: Canada's Lone Wolf: Essays in Political Philosophy (Fresh Wind Press, 2011).
- George Grant: Spiders and Bees (Freshwind Press, 2008).
- Thomas Merton and the Beats of the North Cascades, 2nd edition (Serratus Press, 2008).
- Mountaineering and the Humanities (Serratus Press, 2007).
- The Eagle and the Ox: Contemplation, the Church and Politics (Freshwind Press, 2006).
- Christianity and the Symphony of Living Faiths (Synaxis Press, 2006).
- Athens and Jerusalem: George Grant’s Theology, Philosophy, and Politics, co-edited, (University of Toronto Press, 2006).
- Stephen Leacock: Canada’s Red Tory Prophet (Synaxis Press, 2006).
- The Beatitudes: When Mountain Meets Valley (Freshwind Press, 2005).
- The Spirituality of John Cassian (Synaxis Press, 2005).
- Erasmus and Merton: Soul Friends (Chelsea Press, 2005).
- Thomas Merton and the Beats of the North Cascades, 1st edition (Serratus Press, 2005).
- The Canadian High Tory Tradition: Raids on the Unspeakable (Synaxis Press, 2004).
- Busking (Synaxis Press, 2003).
- Robin Mathews: Crown Prince of Canadian Political Poets (Synaxis Press, 2002).
- St. Matthew’s Parish: A People’s History (2001).
- Crosshairs: Being Poetic, Being Political, Being Canadian (Synaxis Press, 2000).
- The Red Tory Tradition: Ancient Routes, New Routes (Synaxis Press, 1999).
- In A Pluralist Age (Regent College Publishing, 1998).
- The Marks of the Church and Renewal (Chelsea Press, 1994).
- Lizard in the Palace (Chelsea Press, 1992).
- The Lute and the Anvil (Chelsea Press, 1988).
- Contemplation and the Polis (Chelsea Press, 1987).
- Adam: Romantics, Rationalists, Prophets: A Dialogue (Chelsea Press, 1985).
- Ron Dart's home page
- Vive le Canada website
- Clarion Journal website
- Ron Dart's published books and articles
- Robin Mathews, "Introduction," in Ron Dart, Stephen Leacock: Canada's Red Tory Prophet (Dewdney, BC: Synaxis Press, 2006).
- Brad Jersak, "Ron Dart and the Red Tory Alternative," Clarion Journal (4 Aug 2010).
- Ron Dart, "Red Tory," The Canadian Encyclopedia (www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com)
- Terry Glavin, "Stephen Harper is No Tory," Straight.com (2 Feb 2006).