Ron Gourlay has worked at Chelsea since 2004, having previously worked for Manchester United and Umbro. He was appointed the chief executive of Chelsea on 17 September 2009, following Peter Kenyon's decision to leave the club on 31 October 2009.
He was quoted as saying: "It is a huge honour to be offered the chance to lead Chelsea". "We have a fantastic team both on and off the field and those teams can move us on to even greater success in the future. To be responsible for that is a fantastic challenge and I will be giving it my total commitment, drive and energy" after being named as the successor.
- "Ron Gourlay". Chelsea F.C. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Ron Gourlay". Financial Times. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Chelsea announce Gourlay as Kenyon's replacement ESPN soccernet, 17 September 2009
- News in Brief - Fri 18th Sept FA Premier League, 18 September 2009
- Gourlay is new Chief Executive Chelsea FC, 17 September 2009