Ron Jon Surf Shop
|Headquarters||Cocoa Beach, Florida|
|Debra Harvey (President)|
Ron Jon Surf Shop is a surfer style retail store chain founded in 1959 in Ship Bottom, New Jersey by Ron DiMenna. The store specializes in surfing and bodyboarding equipment, and their Cocoa Beach, Florida, store is currently the largest surfing shop in the world. Debra Harvey is the current President.
In addition to the Ship Bottom and Cocoa Beach stores, Ron Jon also operates stores in Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Key West, Fort Myers, Panama City Beach and Clearwater Beach, FL, Myrtle Beach, SC and Ocean City, MD.  A former store in Orange, California closed in early 2009. The corporation also includes one Ron Jon Surf School separately owned and run by Craig Carroll, located in Cocoa Beach, Florida. The company made plans to construct a Surf Park at the location of the Orlando Ron Jon store, but it has since been canceled, due in part that the schematics for the pool were installed backwards.
The flagship store in Cocoa Beach operates 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. It has over 52,000 square feet of retail space.
- Ship Bottom, New Jersey - "The Original"
- Cocoa Beach, Florida - "One of A Kind"
- Clearwater Beach, Florida - Mandalay Ave.
- Ft. Myers, Florida - Gulf Coast Town Center
- Key West, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Sunrise, Florida - Sawgrass Mills
- Ocean City, Maryland - 67th Street Town Center
- Las Vegas, Nevada - The Shoppes at Mandalay Place
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - Barefoot Landing
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - Broadway at the Beach
- Panama City Beach, Florida - Pier Park
In popular culture
Ruon-Jian is the name of a fictional character in the animated television series Avatar: The Last Airbender which aired on Nickelodeon between 2005 and 2008. His name (pronounced Ron-Jon) is humorously derived from the name of the surfing company "Ron Jon", as Ruon-Jian acts and looks like a stereotypical surfer.
Cocoa Beach Surf Museum
Ron Jon Surf Shop also houses the Cocoa Beach Surf Museum at the Cocoa Beach location. This museum contains exhibits highlighting surfing in the East Coast of the United States. It preserves and documents the unique history and culture of East Coast surfing through exhibits and educational events, community outreach programs for all ages, digital archiving activities, and its new oral history project. It highlights surfing history and culture from Cocoa Beach, nationally and internationally, and from differing perspectives, including exhibits that feature the history and lore that defines Cocoa Beach as one of the premier surf towns in the world. 
- Ron Jon Surf Shop Company History - The World's Most Famous Surf Shop!
- "Debbie Harvey named President and Chief Operating Officer of Ron Jon Surf Shop". BoardRetailers.Wordpress.com. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- Henthorn, Dawn. "Ron Jon Surf Shop". About.com. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- Albright, Mark (2007-12-12). "Ron Jon names a new big kahuna, Debra Harvey (BSBA ’76)" (PDF). St. Petersburg Times.
- Wahid, Zaheera (2004-05-14). "Surf Park May Emerge as Next Wave or Be Waved Off.". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ron Jon Surf Shop.|