|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 6th district
54th (2011 – 2013)
January 10, 2011
|Preceded by||Christopher Rants|
May 17, 1957 |
Sioux City, Iowa
|Residence||Sioux City, Iowa|
|Alma mater||Morningside College
University of South Dakota
|Profession||Business and Finance|
Ron Jorgensen (born May 17, 1957) is the Iowa State Representative from the 6th District. A Republican, he has served in the Iowa House of Representatives since 2011. Smith was born in Sioux City, Iowa. He has a B.S. in business administration from Morningside College and a M.B.A. from the University of South Dakota. Jorgensen works as Vice President for Business and Finance at Morningside College.
As of January 2013[update], Jorgensen serves on several committees in the Iowa House - the Economic Growth, Labor, and Transportation committees. He also serves as the chair of the Education committee and as a member of the Education Appropriations Subcommittee.
Ron Jorgensen has been a lifelong resident of Sioux City and the Morningside area. He graduated from East High School in 1975 and then received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Morningside College in 1979. Ron also earned a Masters of Business Administration Degree from the University of South Dakota and is a Certified Management Accountant and Certified Cash Manager.
For the past 14 years, Ron has been the Vice President for Business and Finance at Morningside College. Prior to working at the college he was a Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for a local bank in Sioux City. Ron has always been a firm believer in community service. he served on the Sioux City School Board for six years, two of those years as board president. He has also served on numerous other local non-profit boards.
Ron has been married to his wife, Kathy, for the last 30 years. They have two sons, Corey, 26, and Eric, 21. His family is a member of the Morningside Lutheran Church.
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2010 
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2010 
|Republican hold||Ron Jorgensen||Republican||6,345||65.00%|
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2012 
|Matthew A. Ung||Republican||1,017||42.84%|
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2012 
|Republican (newly redistricted)||Ron Jorgensen*||Republican||unopposed|
- "Official Results Report, 2010 Primary Election held Tuesday, June 8th 2010" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2010-07-01. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Official Results Report, General Election held Tuesday, November 2nd 2010" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2010-11-23. p. 95. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 Primary Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 72. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 General Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 52. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ron Jorgensen.|
- Representative Ron Jorgensen official Iowa General Assembly site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Jorgensen's Iowa House Republicans biography
|Iowa House of Representatives|
2011 – 2013
2013 – present