Livingston in May 2010
|Born||Ronald Joseph Livingston
June 5, 1967
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, U.S.
|Alma mater||Yale University|
|Spouse(s)||Rosemarie DeWitt (2009–present)|
Ronald Joseph "Ron" Livingston (born June 5, 1967) is an American film and television actor. His roles include disaffected corporate employee Peter Gibbons in the film Office Space, sardonic writer Jack Berger in a short-term relationship with Carrie Bradshaw in the TV show Sex and the City, and Captain Lewis Nixon in the miniseries Band of Brothers. In 2006, he starred as FBI negotiator Matt Flannery in the Fox series Standoff, co-starring Rosemarie DeWitt, and he was an ad spokesman for Sprint Nextel. In 2009 he portrayed flight engineer Maddux Donner in the series Defying Gravity, which was cancelled after a single season.
Early life 
Livingston was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the son of Linda (née Rinas), a Lutheran pastor, and Kurt Livingston, an aerospace/electronics engineer. His younger brother John, is also an actor; sister Jennifer Livingston and brother-in-law Mike Thompson are both TV news personalities at WKBT in La Crosse, Wisconsin. He graduated from Marion High School in Marion, Iowa and attended Yale University, where he received B.A. degrees in Theater and English. Livingston had his first acting experience at Theatre Cedar Rapids after being introduced to the group during a school job shadowing. Livingston relocated to Chicago and became involved in the local theater scene.
Livingston's first film role was in 1992, in Dolly Parton's Straight Talk. He moved to Los Angeles and was cast in supporting roles in Some Folks Call it a Sling Blade and The Low Life. Livingston landed his first role in a major film in 1996's Swingers. He played the male lead in Office Space, which co-starred Jennifer Aniston and was written and directed by Mike Judge. He also appeared in HBO's Band of Brothers as Captain Lewis Nixon opposite Donnie Wahlberg and Damian Lewis. Going beyond nice-guy roles, Livingston played a Hollywood agent in Adaptation (2002); a weaselly Ivy League upstart to Alec Baldwin's casino boss in The Cooler (2003); and teachers in Winter Solstice and Pretty Persuasion (both 2005). He also appeared as Jack Berger, Carrie's boyfriend in the sixth season of Sex and the City, as well as in the episode "TB or Not TB" of House.
On November 9, 2007, the indie film Holly premiered, starring Ron Livingston in his first turn to film drama. It tells the story of a Vietnamese girl trafficked into the sex trade in Cambodia. Ron plays Patrick, a shady card shark who becomes determined to save Holly from her ill-destined fate.
Summer 2007 saw Livingston on the off-Broadway stage in the world premiere of Neil LaBute's In A Dark Dark House, produced by MCC Theater, alongside Frederick Weller and Louisa Krause. The show ran May 16 through July 27, 2007, at the Lucille Lortel Theatre in New York City.
Personal life 
Livingston and his Standoff co-star Rosemarie DeWitt began a relationship after meeting each other on the show. After dating for three years, they were married on November 2, 2009, in San Francisco. He was previously engaged to actress Lisa Sheridan.
Filmography and television appearances 
- Straight Talk (1992), Soldier
- Some Folks Call It a Sling Blade (1994)
- JAG (1995) - TV Series, 1 episode (Scimitar)
- The Low Life (1995), Chad
- Townies (1996), Ryan – TV series
- Swingers (1996), Rob
- Campfire Tales (1997), Rick
- Two Ninas (1999), Marty Sachs
- Office Space (1999), Peter Gibbons
- Body Shots (1999), Trent
- Beat (2000), Allen Ginsberg
- Band of Brothers (2001), Captain Lewis Nixon – TV miniseries
- The Practice (2001–2002), Assistant D.A. Alan Lowe – TV series
- Buying the Cow (2002), Tyler Carter Bellows
- Adaptation. (2002), Marty Bowen
- Sex and the City (2002–2003), Jack Berger – TV series
- King of the Ants (2003), Eric Gatley
- 44 Minutes: The North Hollywood Shoot-Out (2003), Donnie Anderson
- The Cooler (2003), Larry Sokolov
- Little Black Book (2004), Derek
- Pretty Persuasion (2005), Mr. Anderson
- Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (2005), Lackluster Video Clerk
- House (2005), Dr. Sebastian Charles – TV series, in the episode "TB or Not TB"
- Winter Solstice (2005), Mr. Bricker
- Relative Strangers (2006), Richard Clayton
- Standoff (2006), Matt Flannery – TV series
- Brothers in Arms: The Untold Story of the 502 (2006), hosting as himself – History Channel documentary
- Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King (2006), Howard Fornoy – TV series, in the episode "The End of the Whole Mess"
- American Crude (2006), Johnny
- Holly (2006), Patrick
- Music Within (2007), Richard Pimentel
- The Time Traveler's Wife (2009), Gomez
- Defying Gravity (2009), Maddux Donner – TV series
- WWII in HD (TV) (2009), Voice of Lt. Charles Scheffel
- Dinner for Schmucks (2010), Caldwell
- Keyboard Cat Redux (2010), Cat
- Going the Distance (2010), Will
- Game Change (2012), Mark Wallace
- 10 Years (film) (2012), Paul
- The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012), Franklin Crudstaff
- The Conjuring (2013)
- Ron Livingston Biography (1968–)
- Lewinski, John (22 October 2009). "Set visits reveal ghosts of Defying Gravity set destruction". TVSquad. Retrieved 22 October 2009.
- Siegel, Tatiana (October 25, 2009). "'Dinner' for Ron Livingston". Variety.
- "Rosemarie DeWitt : News". People.com. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- [dead link]
- Kappes, Serena (2006-07-19). "Celeb Spotlight: Ron Livingston – Ron Livingston". People.com. Retrieved 2010-09-03.