Ron Regé, Jr.
|Ron Regé, Jr.|
|Born||Ronald J. Regé, Junior
December 5, 1969
|Education||BFA, Massachusetts College of Art|
|Known for||Comic Books, Album covers, Action figures, Experimental musical instruments|
|Notable work(s)||Skibber Bee Bye|
Regé began publishing his own minicomics while attending Massachusetts College of Art. He has since been published by Highwater Books, Fantagraphics Books, Buenaventura Press, McSweeney's and Drawn & Quarterly. Ron's work has also appeared in the New York Times, Vice Magazine, Canada's National Post, and in ad campaigns for Nike, Sony, HP and Tylenol.
Bits of Ron's 4 track home recordings appeared on releases by Boston indie rock band Swirlies, and more extensively in various related lo-fi projects with friends. He currently plays drums in the Los Angeles-based group Lavender Diamond.
- The Dum Dum Posse Reader, Nib Comics, 1995
- Skibber Bee~Bye, Highwater Books, 2000; republished by Drawn & Quarterly, 2006 ISBN 978-1896597966; Spanish language edition published by Apa-Apa, 2010; French edition by Cornelius, 2012
- The Awake Field, Drawn & Quarterly, 2006, ISBN 978-1896597973
- Against Pain, Drawn & Quarterly, 2008, ISBN 978-1897299296
- The Cartoon Utopia, Fantagraphics, 2012, ISBN 978-1606995969