|Born||7 September 1959
Rona Munro (born 7 September 1959) is a Scottish writer. She has written plays for theatre, radio, and television. Her film work includes Ken Loach's Ladybird, Ladybird (1994), Oranges and Sunshine (2010) for Jim Loach and Aimée & Jaguar (1999), co-authored by German director Max Färberböck.
Her most recent credits include the theatre play Iron which has received many productions worldwide. Other theatre works include plays for the Traverse Theatre Edinburgh, ('Strawberries in January' translation) Manchester Royal Exchange, ('Mary Barton'), Plymouth Drum Theatre and Paines Plough, ('Long Time Dead') and the Royal Shakespeare Company, ('The Indian Boy')
Munro has also contributed eight dramas to Radio 4's Stanley Baxter Playhouse: First Impressions, Wheeling Them In, The King's Kilt, Pasta Alfreddo at Cafe Alessandro, The Man in the Garden, The Porter's Story, The German Pilot and The Spider.
In 2006 the Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith presented Munro's adaptation of Richard Adams' classic book, Watership Down. Her early television work includes episodes of the drama series Casualty (BBC) and, more recently, a BBC film Rehab. directed by Antonia Bird.
Rona Munro currently lives and works in London. Her play, The Last Witch, was performed at the 2009 Edinburgh Festival, directed by Dominic Hill, and in 2011 by Dumbarton People's Theatre. Her history cycle The James Plays, James I, James II and James III, were first performed by the National Theatre of Scotland in summer 2014.
- The Bang And The Whimper, 1982
- The Salesman, 1982
- Fugue, 1983
- Bus, 1984* Touchwood, 1984
- Ghost Story, 1985
- Piper's Cave, 1985
- Watching Waiters, 1985
- Biggest Party In The World, 1986
- Dust And Dreams, 1986
- The Way To Go Home, 1987
- Winners, 1987
- Off The Road, 1988
- Long Story Short, 1989
- Saturday At The Commodore, 1989
- Bold Girls, 1990 
- Scotland Matters, 1992
- Your Turn To Clean The Stair, 1992
- Haunted, 1999
- Federico García Lorca (1999). The House Of Bernarda Alba [Rona Munro]. Nick Hern Books. ISBN 978-1-85459-459-4.
- Snake, 1999
- Iron. Nick Hern Books. 2002. ISBN 978-1-85459-703-8.
- Gilt, 2003
- Catch A Falling Star!, 2004
- Women On The Verge Of A T Junction, 2004
- Indian Boy, 2006
- Long Time Dead, 2006
- The Maiden Stone, 2006
- Mary Barton, 2006
- Strawberries in January, 2006
- Watership Down, 2006
- Dirt Under The Carpet, 2007
- Stick Granny On The Roofrack
- Jordan Watch
- Douglas Gifford (1991). "Making Them Bold And Breaking The Mould: Rona Munro’s Bold Girls". The Association for Scottish Literary Studies.
- Biography of Rona Munro at On Target
- Rona Munro, doollee
- Guardian interview preceding Edinburgh festival 2009.