|Born||July 17, 1970|
|Alma mater||Concordia University and McGill University|
|Occupation||Communications and Public Relations Strategist|
Ronald Alepian (born July 17, 1970) is a communication and public relations strategist, who currently serves as Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer  of CA Technologies, one of the world's largest software companies. CA is driving a global effort to reposition itself as the leader in the application economy.
Previously, he served as Vice President and Group Head, Marketing and Corporate Communications  for TMX Group, which operates Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, Boston Options Exchange, Natural Gas Exchange (NGX), Montreal Exchange, among others. At TMX, he spearheaded the very public battle around the company's proposed merger with the London Stock Exchange Group, and the subsequent acquisition of TMX by an unprecedented coalition of banks, pension funds and insurance companies. He drove TMX into new markets  and launched the company's first integrated marketing campaign in five years to build the brand and defend the listings and trading business from emerging entrants in a newly competitive exchange marketplace.
He served as an Advisor to the Social Venture Connection (SVX.ca), a global pioneer in impact investing that combines a positive social or environmental impact with the potential for financial return. He also served on the Board of Governors of Junior Achievement and led TMX Group's support of True Patriot Love - a private non-profit focused on caring for military families.
He joined TMX from Nortel, where he was head of global communications during a time of rapid change, and navigated the company through a global restructuring and asset divestiture. Nortel's dismantling was highly complex and controversial as the 30,000 person company restructured in over a dozen jurisdictions around the world.
At Bell Canada from 2004 to 2007, he led the central communications team for Bell and its parent company BCE Inc. and was widely quoted in the media  as the company transformed from holdco to operating business. At BCE, he reported to Bill Fox, former head of communications for Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. Earlier in his career, he advised some of the world's leading brands as a strategic communications consultant and tech practice leader with Burson Marsteller affiliate National Public Relations, one of the world's largest independent communications firms.
In the early 1990s, on the eve of the collapse of the Soviet Union, he paused his university studies and founded CYMA - Canadian Youth Mission to Armenia, with the active support and direction of the late Senator Jacques Hébert (founder of Canada World Youth) and the late Senator Shirley Maheu (former Speaker of the House of Commons and the Senate), both of whom sat on CYMA's honorary Board of Directors. Since 1993, over 1,000 students have participated in the exchange program, built eight schools and two community centers and distributed financial aid across the new republic. CYMA operated with the active guidance of Archbishop Hovnan Derderian, then Canadian head of the Armenian Church.
- CA Press Release: http://www.ca.com/us/news/press-releases/na/2013/ca-technologies-names-ronald-alepian-svp-chief-communications-officer.aspx
- Bloomberg - http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=58050260&privcapId=3597597
- TMX Marketing and Communications Head Departs - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/streetwise/tmxs-communications-and-marketing-head-departs/article15984616/
- CA Snags Alepian - http://www.odwyerpr.com/story/public/1611/2013-12-18/ca-tech-snags-alepian.html
- CA Names Alepian CCO - http://www.prweek.com/article/1273824/ca-technologies-names-alepian-cco
- A Revitalized CA Catalyzes the Application Economy - http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtmarko/2014/11/16/software-defined-business/
- Does CA complaint threaten AppDynamics - http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2014/07/25/after-120-million-capital-raise-does-cas-legal-complaint-threaten-appdynamics/
- TMX Group appoints Ronald Alepian as head of Marketing and Communications - http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/June2009/29/c2734.html
- TMX Hires Nortel Executive - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/streetwise/tmx-hires-nortel-marketing-executive/article1179753/
- No red flag on TMX-LSE deal - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/ontario-business-sees-no-red-flag-in-tmx-lse-deal/article575077
- TMX defends merger with LSE - http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/79820b4a-4b36-11e0-b2c2-00144feab49a.html#axzz3Q7MZ4CCJ
- Maple completes TMX deal - http://www.canadianbusiness.com/investing/maple-completes-tmx-takeover-watchdogs-on-alert/
- Financial Post - TMX undertakes London blitz - http://business.financialpost.com/2014/06/10/tsx-tmx-uk-investors/
- TMX Goes Social, runs first ad campaign in five years - http://www.marketingmag.ca/brands/tmx-group-goes-social-runs-first-ad-campaign-in-five-years-1378
- TMX and MaRS join forces to drive impact investing - http://www.marsdd.com/media-centre/tmx-group-and-mars-join-forces-to-drive-impact-investing-in-canada/
- Toronto Star: MaRs Launches Social Venture Connection - http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/09/19/mars_launches_social_venture_connection_svx.html
- True Patriot Love press release: http://truepatriotlove.com/tpl-announces-first-ever-expedition-team-at-market-open/
- Nortel VP: We Embrace Social Media - http://seekingalpha.com/article/79715-nortel-vp-we-embrace-social-media
- WSJ - Nortel seeks legal advice - http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122887999493593997
- Ottawa Citizen - http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/game+Nortel/1543412/story.html
- Through wind, rain and blackout, The phone works! It's Bell's ace vs. Net-based phones: http://seaboardgroup.com/main/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=497&Itemid=2
- Bell Canada aims to become Canada's biggest income trust: http://tdw4.globeinvestor.com/servlet/ArticleNews/print/RTGAM/20061011/web-bce11
- BCE revamp continues - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/bces-revamp-continues-files-for-telesat-ipo/article4110809/