Cover of Jenkees' self-titled album. The first of his four albums.
|Genres||Electronic rock, techno, rock|
|Instruments||Keyboard controllers, piano, harmonica, vocals|
Ronald Jenkees is an American composer and musician, best known for his YouTube keyboard performances. His YouTube videos have been viewed (in total) over 70 million times. Jenkees has thus far released four independent albums: the eponymous album Ronald Jenkees (2007), Disorganized Fun (2009), Days Away (2012) and "Alpha Numeric" (2014).
Jenkees began releasing beats and raps online under the name "Big Cheez" in about 2003. Under this name, he produced the 2005 album Straight Laced by Fish. In 2006, Jenkees started posting funny videos on YouTube, and later began posting music-related videos. These videos usually feature him wearing a hat and greeting his viewers by saying, "Hello Youtubes!". His videos gradually gained popularity, particularly after Bill Simmons from ESPN.com featured Jenkees and asked him to record his podcast theme, and again after being "thumbed up" by members of the StumbleUpon community. In 2007, Jenkees independently released his first studio album, Ronald Jenkees. In June 2009, Jenkees was featured on the STS9 album, Peaceblaster: The New Orleans Make It Right Remixes, producing a remix of "Beyond Right Now". On July 31, 2009, Jenkees released his second album, Disorganized Fun. Both are currently available on physical compact discs or as direct MP3 downloads. He has also recorded a third album titled, "Days Away", which was released in 2012,  and Alpha Numeric (2014).
A selection of his music (from his first two independent albums, Ronald Jenkees and Disorganized Fun) is included in the game "Sequence".
Jenkees creates a variety of music ranging from electronic music to hip hop to rock and roll using pianos, keyboards, and various PC-controlled electronic synthesizers. He uses of keyboard and synthesizer synthetic voices to add a variety of instruments into his sound. The result is a combination of rock and roll with techno or trance influenced rock opera. In some of his YouTube videos he plays a harmonica in his slower tempo songs.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (November 2013)|
- Keyboards: Yamaha Motif XS8, Korg Triton LE
- Software: Windows 7, FL Studio 10, Edison
- Soundcard: M-Audio Delta 1010LT
- VSTs: Various free VSTs
- Speakers: Yamaha HS80's & Edirol MA-15D
- Headphones: AKG K-66
- Solo albums
- Ronald Jenkees (2007)
Derty, Neptune, Canon in D Remix, Clutter, Super-Fun, The Rocky Song Remixed, Snap, The Sunfish Song, Loui, Gold Spinners, Remix to a Remix, Almost Undamaged, 56K (rap), Ain't No Thang (rap)
- Disorganized Fun (2009)
Disorganized Fun, Fifteen Fifty, Guitar Sound, Synth One, Throwing Fire, Minimal MC, Stay Crunchy, Inverted Mean, Outer Space, Let's Ride (rap), It's Gettin Rowdy (rap)
- Days Away (2012)
Magnetic Moment, Speaker 1 Speaker 1, Sidetracked, Early Morning May, Supercell in Tune, With Water and Light, 7 Times, Red Lemonade, Days Away, Deep-Sea Sounding, Error Me Out, Piano Wire, Simpletank, From The Arrow Loop, Red Lemonade Remixed
- Alpha Numeric (2014)
Synergetics, Filter In, In Blue, Mr. Mac, Echo Out, Alpha Numeric, Hotel MIDI, 103 Degrees, Slow to Spring, Fall Drift, All the Circles, Dream Happy
- Produced albums
- Fish: Straight Laced (as Big Cheez) (2005)
(Variations and updated versions of some songs on Straight Laced can Be Found On Jenkees' First Album as instrumentals.)
- Sound Tribe Sector 9: Peaceblaster: The New Orleans Make It Right Remixes (track 29, "Beyond Right Now") (2009).
- Soundtrack for PC game Sequence by Iridium Studios.
- Soundtrack for There Came An Echo by Iridium Studios.
- Kennedy Space Center Holidays in Space Rocket Garden Light Projection Show
- New Ronald Jenkees Album – “Days Away” | Chune
- True Talent: Ronald Jenkees is the Keebler Elf of Music Snacks (YouTube Spotlight) | IX Daily
- Hello, LEOs! Ronald Jenkees returns | Louisville's Alt-Weekly | LEO Weekly
- Ronald Jenkees – Early Morning May (Stream) | Good(ish) Music
- "New Album: Alpha Numeric".
- Paste Magazine, November 2007
- Colfax, Ty (October 29, 2008). "Ronald Jenkees Videos". G4tv.com. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "Small Music Business – Video – FoxBusiness.com". Video.foxbusiness.com. July 28, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "Remix Album Drops June 23".
- "Iridium Studios - Games".
- Official website
- Jenkees' YouTube channel's channel on YouTube
- Official SoundCloud Page
- Official Bandcamp Page