|Dr Ronit Lentin|
|Born||25 October 1944
Haifa, British Mandate of Palestine
|Occupation||Political sociologist, Writer|
|Children||Alana Lentin, Miki Lentin|
She was born in Haifa in 1944, prior to the establishment of the State of Israel, and has lived in Ireland since 1969. She is Head of Sociology, the director of the MPhil in Race, Ethnicity, Conflict, Department of Sociology and founder member of the Trinity Immigration Initiative, Trinity College, Dublin. Lentin has published extensively on racism and identity in Ireland, Israel and Palestine and on gender and genocide and the Holocaust. While an exploration of 'identity' forms a key part of her academic work, one self-declared aspect of her own identity is as being an Irish Jew.
Books and publications
- Interviews: Conversations with Palestinian Women (Jerusalem: Mifras 1982)
- Night Train to Mother (Dublin: Attic Press 1989) ISBN 0-946211-72-8
- Songs on the Death of Children (Dublin: Poolbeg Press 1996)
- Israel and the Daughters of the Shoah: Reoccupying the Territories of Silence (Oxford and NY: Berghahn Books 2000) ISBN 1-57181-774-3
- Gender and Catastrophe(London: Zed Books 1997)Editor ISBN 1-85649-445-4
- (Re)searching Women: Feminist Research Methodologies in the Social Sciences in Ireland (Dulbin: IPA 2000) co-editor, with Anne Byrne.
- Racism and Anti-racism in Ireland (Belfast: Beyond the Pale 2002) co-editor, with Robbie McVeigh, ISBN 1-900960-16-8
- Women and the Politics of Military Confrontation: Palestinian and Israeli Gendered Narratives of Dislocation (Oxford and NY: Berghahn Books 2002) co-editor, with Nahla Abdo. ISBN 1-57181-498-1
- Women’s Movement: Migrant Women Transforming Ireland(2003) co-editor,with Eithne Luibhéid.
- Re-presenting the Shoah for the 21st Century(Oxford and NY: Berghahn Books. 2004), editor.ISBN 1-57181-802-2
- After Optimism? Ireland, Racism and Globalisation (Dublin: Metroeireann Publications. 2006) with Robbie McVeigh. ISBN 0-9553385-0-6
- Race and State (Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Press. 2006) co-editor, with Alana Lentin. ISBN 1-84718-001-9
- Performing Global Networks (Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing 2007) co-editor, with Karen Fricker
- Thinking Palestine (London: Zed Books, 2008) editor
- Co-memory and Melancholia: Israelis Memorialising the Palestinian Nakba (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2010)
- Lentin, Ronit. "Ireland’s other diaspora: Jewish-Irish within / Irish-Jewish without". GOLEM. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Ronit Lentin at the Internet Movie Database
- Dr Ronit Lentin on Sociological Research Online
- Mphil in Race, Ethnicity, Conflict, Trinity College, Dublin Department of Sociology - University of Dublin