|Birth name||Ronit Bose Roy|
11 October 1965 |
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
|Years active||1984 – Present|
|Spouse(s)||Neelam Singh (2003 – Present)|
Ronit Roy (born Ronit Bose Roy) is an Indian film and television actor, known for his portrayal of Rishabh Bajaj, Mihir Virani and Aparajit Deb. He currently acts in the Hindi TV serial Adaalat as KD Pathak. The actor also owns a security business, providing security to Bollywood stars and production houses.
Early life and background
Ronit Roy was born 11 October 1965 in Nagpur . He is the eldest son of businessman Brothindranath and Dolly Bose Roy, with his younger brother another TV actor in India, Rohit Roy. Ronit spent his childhood in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Not having been introduced to acting, Roy pursued hotel management. After completion of his studies, he moved to Mumbai and stayed at the residence of filmmaker Subhash Ghai. While Roy was keen to work in film industry, Subhash Ghai persuaded him to not to pursue it due to the difficulties associated with it. Ronit worked as a management trainee at Mumbai's Sea Rock Hotel. To have experience at all different levels, Ronit's work ranged from dish-washing and cleaning, to serving tables and bar-tending.
After his success with TV, Ronit featured in more Bollywood movies in supporting roles. In 2010 he starred in the critical acclaimed film Udaan, his work was much praised and won him many best supporting actor awards. Udaan brought Ronit back to the movie scene. He next starred in films like Anurag Kashyap's That Girl in Yellow Boots, Karan Johar's Student of the Year, Deepa Mehta's Midnight's Children, Sanjay Gupta's Shootout at Wadala produced by Ekta Kapoor, and Anurag Kashyap's Ugly. More recently, he appeared in Akshay Kumar starrer "BOSS" and "2 States".
Ronit received a call from Balaji Telefilms to offer him a part in the television serial Kammal. Due to lack of any appealing movie offers, he accepted the offer from Balaji Telefilms. Before Kammal got started, Balaji Telefilms also offered Ronit an 8-week cameo in Kasautii Zindagii Kay as Rishabh Bajaj. Rishabh Bajaj was a totally ruthless, yet suave and styling middle aged business tycoon. Ronit acting as Mr.Bajaj was so confident and impressive to the audience, that Balaji Telefilms decided to make Ronit a permanent part of Kasautii Zindagii Kay, which had made him a star in the eyes of the world; because of his well performance as Mr. Bajaj the Balaji Telefilms selected him to play the role of Mihir Virani in the serial kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi. Ronit has did many roles in his Television career, some are fiction and some are non-fiction reality shows which made him play many kind of chararacters, which are playing as a fiction role in the serials like Kammal, Kavyanjali, Sarkarr, Kasamh Se, Suraag he had essayed the role of Dharamraj in NDTV Imagine's Bandini (2009-20011). He has also, participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, a dance reality show in 2007 and another show, Yeh Hai Jalwa in 2008 as a contestant. He even hosted the Kitchen Champions in 2010 which was on Colors TV. He currently stars in SET's courtroom drama Adaalat as KD Pathak, a sharp unique lawyer who only fights for the truth on Sony TV.
Ronit owns Ace Security and Protection agency. It currently caters to Bollywood actors like Salman Khan, Mithun Chakraborty, Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan, also to Indian Premier League ex-Chairman and ex-Commissioner Lalit Modi and his son Ruchir Modi. Some of the movie projects that Ace Security and Protection have also lent their services to are Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Yaadein, Na Tum Jano Na Hum, Saathiya, and Armaan.
On 25 December 2003, Ronit was married to actress and model Neelam Singh. Ronit is the father of three – two daughters and one son. His eldest daughter Ona (from his previous marriage) was born in 1991, and is currently residing in the US. In May 2005, his and Neelam's first child, daughter Aador was born. In October 2007, their son, Agasthya Bose Roy was born.
|1984||Dushmanon Ka Dushman|
|1992||Jaan Tere Naam||Sunil||Lead Role|
|2000||Glamour Girl||Sunil Verma|
|2001||Hum Deewane Pyar Ke||Vijay Chatterjee|
|Khatron Ke Khiladi|
|2003||Shesh Bongsodar (Last Descendant)||Bongsodar||A Bangladeshi film in Bengali Language|
|2005||Nishan – The Target|
|Kisna: The Warrior Poet||Jimmy||Special Appearance|
|2009||Luck by Chance||Himself||Guest Appearance|
|Udaan||Bhairav Singh||Winner- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award|
|2011||That Girl in Yellow Boots||Cameo|
|2012||Midnight's Children||Ahmed Sinai|
|Student of the Year||Coach Karan Shah|
|2013||Shootout at Wadala||Raja Tambat|
|2014||2 States||Vikram Malhotra|
|1997||Bombay Blue||Dillip Bhatt||Cameo|
|1999||Baat Ban Jaye||1 Episode|
|2002–08||Kasautii Zindagi Kay||Rishabh Bajaj||Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (2004)
Nominated—Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role (2005) (2006)
|2002–08||Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi||Mihir Virani||Nominated—Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role (2003) (2004)|
|2003||Ssshhhh...Koi Hai||1 Episode|
|2004||Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko||Ishan Masand|
|2004||Vikraal Aur Gabraal||1 Episode|
|2004||Krisshna Arjun||Anna / Vijay||1 Episode|
|2005||Sarkarr||Kunal Veer Pratap Singh|
|2007||Kasamh Se||Aparajit Deb||Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role (2007)|
|2008||Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki||Devvrat-Bhishma|
|2009–11||Bandini||Dharamraj Mahyavanshi||Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role (2009)
Nominated—Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role (2010)
|2010–present||Adaalat||Advocate K D Pathak||Nominated—Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role (2012)
|2011||Bade Achhe Lagte Hain||Himself||Special appearance|
|2007||Koffee with Karan (season 2)||Guest appearance|
|2007||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa||Contestant|
|2008||Yeh Hain Jalwa||Contestant|
|2008||Ticket to Bollywood||Dance performance|
|2008||Aajaa Mahi Vay||Judge|
|2009||Begum's Drawing Room||Guest appearance|
|2010||Kitchen Champion||Host||Nominated—Indian Telly Award for Best Anchor (2010)|
|2013||Comedy Nights with Kapil||Guest appearance|
- Roy has won several popular as well as jury awards in Indian Telly awards, HITA, and other popular award shows, for categories like Best Actor, Best Actor in Negative role, Television Personality of the Year, and TV Star of the Decade.
- Recently, Ronit Roy won the Best Actor in a Negative Role Awards at Star Screen Awards and Zee Cine Awards for his role of an oppressive father in the movie Udaan (2010). He also won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor and The Global Indian Film and Television Honours for Best Actor in Negative Role for his role in Udaan.
- The following is the list of awards received by Ronit Roy.
On 27 October 2011, Ronit Roy was arrested by Mumbai police for rash and negligent driving, after he was involved in a road accident in the Amboli suburb of Mumbai. He was returning from a Diwali party when his high speeding Mercedes car hit a Wagon-R injuring people people, one of whom was seriously hurt. However, he got bail after a few hours and was released.
- "Ronit Roy Biography". Ronit Roy (official fan page).
- "Ace Security and Protection". Ace Security and Protection.
- "Ronit, the bad dad". Hindustan Times. 27 April 2011. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Bhushan, Nyay (31 January 2011). "'Udaan' Tops Filmfare Awards". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "The Seventh Indian Telly Awards > Winners List". Tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "The Ninth Indian Telly Awards > Winners". Tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "The Tenth Indian Telly Awards". Tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- http://www.telehungama.com/showthread.php?tid=1223. Missing or empty
- "'Television actor Ronit Roy arrested for rash driving'". Times of India. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Ronit Roy / Actor", Transcript of LIVE Chat with TV Actor Ronit Roy on Tuesday, 3 June 2008 at 3 pm, Indiatimes.
- "Interview with actor Ronit Roy", 10 June 2003, IndianTelevision.com
- "A dishy AFFAIRS", Chaya Unnikrishnan, 7 May 2010, Screen.