||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
|Born||September 1977 (age 36)
Miami, United States
|Genres||Observational comedy, Satire|
|Subject(s)||Arab culture, Parents, Marriage, Islamophobia, Culture,
Shaher "Ronnie" Khalil (born September 1977) is an American stand-up comedian and actor of Egyptian descent. He has headlined across four continents, toured the United States as a guest performer with the “Axis of Evil”, performed with “Arabs Gone Wild” and taped two “Friday Night Live” Showtime Comedy specials in Dubai, including “Minorities Rule” and “New World Order”, both were shown across 14 countries in the Middle East. Ronnie has performed in sold-out shows across the Middle East and was part of the first-ever Amman Stand-up Comedy Festival in Jordan, as well as numerous other comedy festivals including the New York Underground, NY Arab-American, South Beach, Los Angeles and Boston Comedy Festivals. He was also twice invited to the Montreal Comedy Festival's "Just for Pitching." Ronnie has been featured on sketches for “Conan O'Brien”, ABC News, NPR, Air America, CNN and Al Jazeera, as well as in Comedy Central's online show "The Watch List", which was later picked up for a pilot, and A&E's "15 Films About Madonna."
Khalil is Executive Producer of the first ever Middle Eastern Comedy Festival in Los Angeles, which premiered September 2009, with the goal of changing stereotypes in the Hollywood entertainment industry.
In addition to stand-up, Khalil earned his M.B.A. from the University of Miami, and lectures in colleges throughout the United States regarding success and motivation. His most popular lectures are “Success through C.O.M.E.D.Y.” and “Networking: How to Avoid Really Hard Work.” Both Khalil’s parents were university professors, and his father is currently President of Nile University in Cairo, Egypt.
- Crane, Kelly (May 15, 2008). "Friday Night Live: a side-splitting extravaganza". GulfNews.com.
- Swan, Melanie (December 11, 2008). "‘Friday Night Live’ funny man to take Dubai stage". The National (Abu Dhabi). Archived from the original on 2008-12-15.
- "First Ever Stand Up Comedy Festival in Middle East to be Held in Amman, Jordan December 2-5, 2008". Press release. Dean of Comedy Productions, Inc. prlog.org.
- "Just For Laughs 2006 THURSDAY". sheckymagazine.com. July 20, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-10-17.
- "Ronnie Khalil - Festival Co-Founder and Co-Executive Producer". mideastcomedyfest.com.
- "Picks and Clicks : TUE | SEPTEMBER 22". JewishJournal.com. September 16, 2009.
- Malone, Michael (Winter 2005). "Ronnie Khalil Is on Stage and Laughing It Up". Miami Magazine. University of Miami
- Official website
- Ronnie Khalil at the Internet Movie Database
- Ronnie Khalil on Twitter
- Ronnie Khalil at IMDB
- "Ronnie Khalil - Ronnie Khalil's parents may throw him a surprise wedding." (video). The Watch List. Comedy Central.
- Ronnie Khalil's The Comedy Course. ArabComedy.org. New York Arab-American Comedy Festival.