December 4, 1985
The Bronx, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Television personality, Actor|
|Known for||Jersey Shore|
Ronald "Ronnie" Ortiz-Magro Jr. (born December 4, 1985) is an American television personality and actor. He first came to prominence as one of the eight main cast members in the MTV reality series Jersey Shore.
Ortiz-Magro was born and raised in The Bronx, New York to an Italian American father, Ronald Magro, and a Puerto Rican mother, Constance Ortiz. His parents have divorced, his mother has remarried and has another child, James, with her current husband.
Ortiz worked in real estate for his father before becoming part of MTV's hit reality show Jersey Shore in August 2009. The show premiered on December 4, 2009 and ran for six seasons, ending in 2012. Ortiz was in a tumultuous and often emotionally abusive relationship with "Sammi" another cast member on the show.
Ortiz-Magro made an appearance at TNA Wrestling's Impact Wrestling tapings on October 26, 2011 in Macon, Georgia. The first episode, which aired November 3, saw Ortiz and Eric Young get beaten down by Robbie E and Rob Terry, which built to a tag team match the following week, where Ronnie pinned Robbie for the win.
Arrest and indictment
Ortiz-Magro was arrested after a fight occurring on September 4, 2009, on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights, for aggravated assault for striking Stephen Izzo with a closed fist. Izzo lost consciousness as a result. Ortiz-Magro says the other party provoked him while he was walking home with Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola and that the other person involved in the fight was being disrespectful and shouted "racist" remarks at their African-American security guards and might have spat on him. Izzo claims that he was punched because MTV security held him back and Ortiz-Magro punched him in the back of the head.
Ortiz-Magro was charged under the name "Ronnie Ortiz". He spent a few hours in jail, had a mug shot taken, and paid $600 bail. Ortiz-Magro stated that he was not a person who likes to fight and that was acting in self-defense: "You’ll see throughout the show, we do go out and if we do get into an altercation... It's us just defending ourselves or reacting to somebody else."
On December 17, 2010 Ortiz-Magro was indicted for one count of third-degree assault, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison. On February 14, 2011, Ortiz-Magro's lawyer, Joseph A. Raia plead not guilty to single charge of third-degree aggravated assault on his behalf.
In July 2011, an Ocean County judge dismissed the assault charges against Ortiz-Magro and would remain dismissed as long as he stayed out of trouble. Ortiz-Magro was also admitted into a pretrial intervention program for 18 months.
- Keller, Wade (2011-11-03). "Keller's TNA Impact Wrestling report 11/3: Ongoing live coverage of Storm defending against Roode". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-11-10.
- Keller, Wade (2011-11-10). "Keller's TNA Impact Wrestling report 11/10: Sting grants Storm a rematch against gloating heel Roode, plus Ronnie from Jersey Shore wrestles". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-11-10.
- Brett, Jennifer (July 18, 2011). "Fist pump! The Jersey Shore kids are here". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- Brett, Jennifer (July 20, 2011). "J-Lo/Cameron Diaz movie starts filming, "Three Stooges" winds down". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- Dena Ross, Ronnie's Ridiculous Xenadrine Ad, wetpaint.com, January 4, 2011
- "'Jersey' Knockout Victim: I Got Sucker Punched". TMZ.com. January 20, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore cast member under investigation for fight in Ocean County". pressofatlanticcity.com. January 6, 2010.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Jersey Shore Star Arrested". people.com. January 6, 2010.
- Venutolo, Anthony (17 December 2010), "'Jersey Shore' star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro indicted", Star-Ledger, retrieved 20 December 2010
- Joe Gracely (February 14, 2011). "'Jersey Shore' star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro pleads not guilty to aggravated assault". Daily News (New York).
- Associated Press (July 12, 2011). "'Jersey Shore' Star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro to Avoid Trial in Assault Case". Fox News.
- "‘Jersey Shore’ Ronnie Pleads Not Guilty To Assault Charge". February 14, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ronnie Ortiz-Magro.|