Ronnie del Carmen
|Ronnie del Carmen|
Ronnie del Carmen at San Diego Comic-Con 2009
|Born||Ronaldo del Carmen
December 31, 1959
|Occupation||Storyboard artist, designer, illustrator, film director|
Ronnie del Carmen (born Ronaldo del Carmen in the Philippines, December 31, 1959) is an animation storyboard, story artist and designer. He was recently story supervisor on Pixar's tenth full-length computer-animated film titled Up and director of its accompanying short film on DVD, Dug's Special Mission.
Del Carmen has two brothers that also work in the animation; Louie is a story artist at DreamWorks Animation, while Rick (Enrique) works as a storyboard artist and assistant director at Fox Animation.
- The Inside Out (2015) (Co-director)
- Dug's Special Mission (2009) (Director/writer)
- Up (2009) (Story Supervisor)
- WALL-E (2008) (Story/Character Design)
- Ratatouille (2006) (Story)
- One Man Band (2005) (Production Design)
- Finding Nemo (2003) (Story Supervisor)
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (2002) (Story Supervisor)
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2000) (Storyboard)
- The Road to El Dorado (2000) (Story Supervisor)
- The Prince of Egypt (1998) (Story)
- Freakazoid! (1995) (Director)
- Batman: The Animated Series (1991–95) (Storyboard, character Design)
He did Batman Adventures Holiday Special with Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and others, garnering an Eisner Award Best Single Issue in 1995; Batman Black and White Volume Two for DC in 2002; Dark Horse's Aliens Mondo Pest series.
He also self-publishes his own stories in his Paper Biscuit books featuring Nina, a dream-walking adventurer and social misfit.
- "My Name is Dug", author Kiki Thorpe. Illustrated by Ronnie del Carmen
- "And There You Are", Ronnie del Carmen. Paper Biscuit Industries.
- "Three Trees make a forest" with Tadahiro Uesugi and Enrico Casarosa.
- Batman Black and White Vol. 2, "The Bet" written by Paul Dini and art by Ronnie del Carmen
- Project Superior, "No Prize", written and illustrated by Ronnie del Carmen
Awards and nominations
- Daytime Emmy Award Outstanding Special Class Animated Program: Freakazoid, Ronaldo del Carmen (director)
- Annie Award, Storyboarding in an Animated Feature Production: Ronnie Del Carmen - Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron - DreamWorks Animation
- Annie Award Nomination, Storyboarding in an Animated Feature Production: Ronnie Del Carmen – Wall-E – Pixar Animation Studios
- Annie Award Nomination, Storyboarding in an Animated Feature Production: Ronnie Del Carmen – Up – Pixar Animation Studios
- National Cartoonists Society 2010 Animated Feature Division Award: Ronnie del Carmen – Up – Pixar Animation Studios
- Eisner Award, Best Single Issue 1995 Batman Adventures Holiday Special by Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, Ronnie del Carmen, and others (DC)
- "Enrique (Rick) Del Carmen". LinkedIn. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- V. Nepales, Ruben (April 7, 2012). "My ‘Filipino connection’ pays off". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- Sciretta, Peter (August 20, 2011). "Pete Docter To Direct Pixar Movie Set Inside The Mind (D23 Expo)". SlashFilm. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Dickey, Josh (April 24, 2012). "Pixar announces Latin-themed feature". Variety. Retrieved April 25, 2012.
|This Filipino biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|