Rook & Raven
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2013)|
Emerging Talent[peacock term]
Rook & Raven Gallery began showcasing artwork by the likes of Central Saint Martins graduate Nick Gentry, best known for his floppy disk paintings, and stencil artist Penny, who translates stencils on currency. James Mylne (Ballpoint pen artwork) also held his first solo exhibition, October 2012, Vintage Vogue, dedicated to Old Hollywood Icons Audrey Hepburn and Steve McQueen.
South African artist Lionel Smit held a solo show in November 2012, dedicated to large-scale portraits of Cape-Malay women and was later nominated for the 2013 National Portrait Gallery BP Portrait Award.
In May 2013, Parisian Photographer showcased his body of work under the title The Sky Shaped By its City Buildings with sculpture and photography based on London and Milan city skylines, with references drawn from Walter Benjamin and Charles Baudelaire's s Flaneur concept.
Celebrity photographers Bill Wyman (Rolling Stones) and Terry O'Neill both participated in a Reworked exhibition concept, whereby artists are invited to reinterpret their photos of famous icons Audrey Hepburn and Rolling Stones. The most famous collaboration was Gerald Scarfe's illustration of Keith Richards pulling fists in Keef Then & Now.
Artists represented, or previously shown at Rook & Raven:
- Alexis Dahan
- Bill Wyman
- Celina Teague
- Curtis Kulig
- Dale Vn Marshall
- Daniel Lumbini
- Elizabeth Winnel
- Erik Sommer
- James Dawe
- James Mylne
- Jaybo Monk
- Lionel Smit
- Nick Gentry
- Pam Glew
- Sarm Derbois
- Terry O'Neill
- Fulleylove, Rebecca. "YOU REST YOU RUST". Dazed Digital.
- Cross, Leah. "Nick Gentry's Interface". Dazed Digital. Retrieved July 2012.
- Fox, T.S. "Penny "Economy of Scale" Exhibition". Hype Beast. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Kyriacou / Rex Features, Tony. "Vintage Vogue: ballpoint pen photorealistic portraits by James Mylne". Telegraph Online. Retrieved 10-08-2012.
- Kerley, Paul. "James Mylne: Creating art with ballpoint pens". BBC News Online. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Transmission: Surface Revive". Rook & Raven. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Sarm Derbois, "Shape Shifters"". Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Marks, Loma-Ann. "Interview with Artist Lionel Smit". Culture Compass. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "The Exhibition". National Portrait Gallery. Retrieved February 2013.
- Milliard, Coline. "The Many Skies of Alexis Dahan". Blouin Art Info. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Geoghegan, Kev. "Bill Wyman: Reworked photos in new art exhibition". BBC News. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "In Pictures: Terry O'Neill Reworked". BBC News. Retrieved 07-03-2012.
- "Keef Then & Now". Rook & Raven.