Root of all evil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Root of all evil may refer to:
- First Epistle to Timothy in the New Testament (1 Timothy 6:10), starts "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"
- Greed, one of the Seven Deadly Sins, the excessive love of money and other possessions
- Radix malorum est cupiditas, Latin for "Greed is the root of all evil"
- The Root of All Evil (1947 film), British drama starring Michael Rennie
- The Root of All Evil (album), a 2009 album by Swedish death metal band Arch Enemy
- "The Root of All Evil", part of the Twelve-step Suite and the first track of the album Octavarium, by Dream Theater
- The Root of All Evil (EP), Japanese work by all-female tribute band Iron Maidens
- "Money Is the Root of All Evil", a 1940's song written by Whitney and Kramer and featured in the motion picture High Time
- "The Root of All Evil", a song by The Beautiful South
Comics and literature 
- The Root of All Evil, a User Friendly webcomic compilation book alluding to the Unix concept of the root user
- "The Root of All Evil", a short story by Graham Greene
Television and radio 
- The Root of All Evil?, a 2006 UK television documentary discussing religious faith and starring Richard Dawkins
- Lewis Black's Root of All Evil, a television series aired on Comedy Central featuring comedian Lewis Black
- The Root of All Evil Radio Show, a radio show broadcast from KFAI in Minneapolis hosted by the late Earl Root
- "Premature optimization is the root of all evil" is a common proverb in computer programming
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.