|Spouse(s)||Wendy Alec in 1987|
Rory Alec is the co-founder of GOD TV along with his wife Wendy Alec, and is the network's Chief Executive Officer. He and Wendy have been recognized by Charisma magazine in 2005 as being among "30 Emerging Voices who will impact the future of the American Church".
Rory Alec’s work as GOD TV's CEO has taken him around the world, establishing a global television network. This includes launching GOD TV into new markets (like Hong Kong/Greater China); opening new transmitters in Africa; visiting GOD TV's regional offices (including Chennai, India) and filming reports of how Christianity is affecting specific communities.
According to Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), Alec he has a vision "for every household in the world to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ through media." 
Born in Rustenburg, in 1968, Alec grew up in South Africa and was passionate about his musical talents - playing the drums and piano. After completing his schooling, he spent two years in the South African military and moved to Johannesburg where he became involved in the advertising industry.
The Alecs married in 1987 and established the TV commercial production house, Alec-Gene Productions. In 1991 they moved to the UK where they launched Europe's first daily faith-based TV network in 1995.
Alec supports many community development projects, particularly in his home continent of Africa. He has led missions trips to Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and South Africa, delivering aid to areas that face extreme poverty.
In July 2010, Alec visited East Africa with Pat Boone to open a community development center in Tanzania after the American singer, actor and writer partnered with GOD TV to provide foundational funding for the facility, which provides a Maasai community with much needed health services and clean water.
Speaking about his partnership with Alec and his wife Wendy, Boone said: "This amazing couple felt a compulsion not just to talk about the Christian life, but to exemplify the best of it. They founded a humanitarian subsidiary, Angel Mission, to affect the lives of the poorest and most needy in the world, and they're doing incredible things. It's this humanitarian aspect with which my wife Shirley and I have become involved." 
An orphanage Alec supports is Kondanani Children’s Village in Malawi, founded by Annie Chikhwaza which has named its Community Rehabilitation facility after him. He is also involved with the Jewish National Fund / Land of Promise Foundation and aims to plant one million trees in Israel as part of the revitalization of the Negev desert.
- Grady, Lee. "30 Emerging Voices", Charisma (magazine), Lake Mary, FL, 31 July 2005.
- 'GOD TV debuts in China' - "In 2004, we became the first English language Christian broadcaster in Hong Kong with a sizeable Chinese viewership, but we have always wanted to bring so much more to this region," said GOD TV founder and Chief Executive, Rory Alec." Christianity Today 20 October 2008.
- "Rory Alec steps back on South African soil today. It is his mission to bring Africa closer to God, one transmitter at a time. Alec is visiting Africa on a 12-day, six-country trip to officially launch his channel's third satellite in Kenya.", Association of Evangelicals in Africa.
- 'The 700 Club', CBN
- "GOD TV, has prepared an extensive line up of holiday programming. On Christmas Day viewers can watch a Behind the Screens Christmas and New Year Special with GOD TV founders, Rory & Wendy Alec."
- - "GOD TV founders, Rory & Wendy Alec who interview global economist, Dr Larry Bates on their series, Apocalypse and the End-Times."
- "Famous people born in Rustenburg include: Rory Alec - Christian broadcaster”
- 'GOD TV & Pat Boone Work Together to Aid Africa', Faith News.
- Boone, Pat 'Living What We Believe', WorldNetDaily, July 31, 2010.
- "One million+ Trees for Israel' project. GOD TV is nearly halfway to reaching this target.”