||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
Rosamond Mary Monckton, married name Rosamond Mary Lawson (born 26 October 1953), is a British business woman and charity campaigner, usually known as Rosa Monckton.
Monckton is the daughter of Marianna Laetitia Bower and Gilbert Monckton, 2nd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley and was educated at the Ursuline Convent at Tildonk in Belgium. She is married to the journalist Dominic Lawson. They have two daughters, Domenica and Savannah. Domenica Lawson has Down's syndrome and her godmother was Diana, Princess of Wales.
Monckton's elder brother is Christopher Monckton, 3rd Viscount Monckton (born 1952), journalist, public speaker, and outspoken climate change sceptic. She also has three younger brothers:
- The Honourable Timothy David Robert Monckton (born 15 August 1955)
- The Honourable Jonathan Riversdale St. Quintin Monckton (born 15 August 1955)
- The Honourable Anthony Leopold Colyer Monckton (born 1960)
Rosa Lawson is a fundraiser and supports several charities relating to children and Down's syndrome. The charities include:
- The Acorns Children's Hospice for the care of life limited children in the heart of England
- Downside Up a Down's syndrome charity in Russia
- The Down's Syndrome Educational Trust based in Portsmouth, England which through research provides education, information and training to promote the development of children with Down's syndrome
- KIDS charity, a disabled children's charity based in England. KIDS helps in developing and improving the lives of disabled children
- The Bulgarian Abandoned Children's Trust, a British charity dedicated to helping disabled and disadvantaged children in Bulgaria and campaigning for an end to the use of institutional care
Diana, Princess of Wales' alleged pregnancy
Monckton was a friend of Diana, Princess of Wales. Regarding Diana's alleged pregnancy at the time of her death, Monckton told a BBC documentary in December 2006 that Diana had had her period while they were on holiday together ten days before Diana died.
- 'MONCKTON, Hon. Rosa(mond) Mary, (Hon. Mrs Dominic Lawson)', in Who's Who 2011 (A. & C. Black, 2011)
- Clip repeated on Newsnight, BBC World, 13 April 2008
- Daily Telegraph: A helping hand for struggling parents. - Interview from 28 September 1999
- Daily Telegraph: I will talk of my daughter in English, not Newspeak - Interview from 16 May 2004
- Daily Mail: My Down's daughter keeps our family together. - Interview from 4 November 2005
- Daily Mail: My Down's daughter changed my life - 14 November 2007
- TBACT - The Bulgarian Abandoned Children's Trust