|Connecticut Representative from the 70th District|
|Preceded by||Kevin DelGobbo|
|Constituency||Represents Naugatuck, Connecticut|
Rebimbas is owner/sole proprietor of The Law Offices of Rosa C. Rebimbas, LLC, a general law firm with offices in Naugatuck.
Rebimbas attracted national attention when she introduced a bill that would lessen the penalty for "sexting" between two consenting minors. The bill would make it a Class A misdemeanor for children under 18 to send or receive text messages that include nude or sexual images. It is currently a felony for children to send such messages, and violators could end up on the state's sex offender registry. Rebimbas appeared on "Fox & Friends" and CNN to talk about the bill.
- Former Member of Appropriations Committee
- Former Member of Energy and Technology Committee
- Public Safety and Security Committee
- Ranking Member of General Law Committee
- Children's Committee
Rosa received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Secondary Education along with a minor in Faith, Peace and Justice from Fairfield University. And she received her Juris Doctorate from the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah.
- Official State Representative Website
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Waterbury
- The Law Offices of Rosa C. Rebimbas, LLC Website