Rosanna Scotto, 2007.
April 28, 1958 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||American television journalist/anchor|
|Notable credit(s)||WNYW Good Day New York
Fox 5 News at 5pm & 10pm
|Spouse(s)||Louis J. Ruggiero (1986-present); 2 children|
Rosanna Scotto (born April 28, 1958) is an American news anchor. She currently co-anchors WNYW's Good Day New York with Greg Kelly. Previously, she anchored the 5 and 10 pm news telecasts with Ernie Anastos, and the Fox 5 Live 11 am telecast. She has been the lead female news anchor since 1990.
Scotto grew up in an Italian-American family in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, New York. Her father is convicted mobster Anthony Scotto, and she has three siblings. Scotto graduated from Visitation Academy, a Catholic elementary school in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. She graduated from Brooklyn's Packer Collegiate Institute in 1976. She attended The Catholic University of America (CUA) in Washington, D.C., graduating with a bachelor's degree in fine arts in 1980.
Rosanna Scotto began her career in television at WTBS, Ted Turner's UHF television station in Atlanta, where she was a reporter for two local programs and an associate producer of the station's evening newscast. She returned to her native New York City in 1982 as a reporter for WABC-TV's Good Morning New York, which eventually became Live with Regis and Kathie Lee. After a year with Good Morning New York and The Morning Show, Scotto joined WABC-TV's Eyewitness News as a reporter, where she remained until she joined Fox's WNYW. Rosanna Scotto started at WNYW-TV in 1986 as a weekend anchor and reporter and later in 1994, she started anchoring the weekday edition of Fox 5 News. Scotto has presented with John Roland, Len Cannon, Lyn Brown, Ernie Anastos (on the 5 P.M. and 10 P.M. newscasts), Dave Price, and current co-anchor Greg Kelly on the weekday morning editions of Fox 5 News. In early 2010, Scotto gained minor fame from an on-air gaffe where she suggested that soy milk should be renamed "soy jism".  She repeated the same expletive in a later broadcast after throwing Kelly's iPhone across the studio.
She appeared in the 1998 movie The Object of My Affection as a news anchor. Scotto also had brief roles in the films, Lisa Picard Is Famous in 2000, Ransom in 1996, The Scout from 1994, and the remake of Miracle on 34th Street, also in 1994.
- von Meistersinger, Toby (12 March 2007). "Rosanna Scotto, Fox 5 News Anchor". Gothamist LLC.
- Siemaszko, Corky (28 June 2012). "“Good Day New York” co-host Greg Kelly is kissing Rosanna Scotto goodbye and becoming an anchorman". New York Daily News.
- "Rosanna Scotto". WNYW - Fox5 NY. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Freudenheim, Ellen (May 2011). "Brooklyn Pizza? Interview with Rosanna Scotto, Brooklyn born TV Anchor". About.com.
- Schoonover, Jessie (1 June 2011). "Rosanna Scotto, Fox Co-Host, Celebrates Silver Anniversary With Network". Western Queens Gazette.
- "CUA Alumni Event Album". The Catholic University of America. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Rosanna Scotto Filmography". New York Times. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Rosanna Scotto Filmography". IMDB. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Rosanna Scotto wed to Louis Ruggiero New York Times, 1986 Sept 14
- Settembre, Jeanette (11 May 2014). "Moms at these New York restaurants inspire their kids and work in the kitchen". New York Daily News.
- Johnson, Richard (29 January 2014). "Rep. Grimm couldn’t intimidate Scotto". Page Six/New York Post.