Rose's Pawn Shop
Rose's Pawn Shop is an Americana, rock, folk and bluegrass band from Los Angeles, California. Their debut album The Arsonist was released in May 2006. The band tours several times each year throughout the United States but has recently put a hold on touring to record a new album coming 2013.
Their second album Dancing On The Gallows was released on June 8, 2010.
In February 2013, Rose's Pawn Shop performed their first UK gig at The Old Duke pub in Bristol.
Formed in August 2005, Rose's Pawn Shop is a five-piece band consisting of:
- Paul Givant - lead vocals, guitar and banjo
- Tim Weed - fiddle, mandolin and vocals
- John Kraus - banjo, mandolin, electric guitar and vocals
- Stephen Andrews - upright bass
- Christian Hogan - drums
- Sebastian St. John - fiddle, mandolin, accordion, Bouzouki, Greek lyra and vocals
- Bill Clark - banjo, pedal steel, guitar and vocals
- Derek Asuan-O'Brien - upright and gut bucket basses
- Derek Swenson - drums and vocals
- Dave Weinstein - original drummer, left the band to pursue a modeling career
- Ulf Geist - drums
They have also recorded and performed with: "Soda"- banjo, guitars and vocals, Jimmy Stelling of The Hackensaw Boys, Wayne Hancock, Junior Brown, Flogging Molly, Th' Legendary Shack Shakers, The Scotch Greens, Jack White and The Raconteurs, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Ghostland Observatory, Blues Traveler, DeVotchka, Old Crow Medicine Show, Levon Helm, Blue Rodeo, Conor Oberst and the Mystic River Band, Railroad Earth, The Sadies, and The Duhks, and many others.
In August 2011 the band signed with Paradigm Talent Agency for touring representation.
In 2006 Rose's Pawn Shop was awarded the 2006 Best Band in the West title in the Billboard Magazine/Disc Makers Independent Music World Series. They were also selected as Amoeba Records homegrown artist of the month for June 2006. Following these awards Rose's Pawn Shop embarked on a three month cross-country tour.
|Released:||May 23, 2006|
|Album:||Dancing On The Gallows|
|Released:||June 8, 2010|