Rose Windows (band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013)|
|Origin||Seattle, WA, U.S.|
|Genres||Psychedelic rock, Experimental rock|
Rose Windows was a psychedelic rock band from Seattle, WA, formed by songwriter Chris Cheveyo. Rose Windows was started by Chris Cheveyo in the fall of 2010 in the Central District of Seattle, WA. Bandmates were mainly musician friends who wandered through the house. Rabia Shaheen Qazi’s enchanting and exotic voice was the first component added to the fray. Roommate David Davila was asked to play piano and organ. Former bandmates Nils Petersen and Pat Schowe were enlisted for electric guitar and drums. Frequent houseguests Richie Rekow and Veronica Dye were brought on board for bass and flute.
The Sun Dogs
Label-less at the time, Rose Windows began making plans for their first album. The band sought out local producer Randall Dunn based on his past success with the band Earth. Other local musicians were later brought on board to add harp, pedal steel, viola, and cello.
Cheveyo describes The Sun Dogs as being about “the everyday blues that capitalism and its hit man, religion, bring on all of us.” More specifically, he sees The Sun Dogs as an acknowledgment of the circular nature of the rat race, learning to accept the evil in the world, taking joy wherever we can, and ultimately disavowing traditions of exploitation and violence.
The Sun Dogs contains elements of folk rock, psychedelic rock, Persian, Indian, and Eastern European music.
In February 2015, the band announced that their self-titled second album would be released on May 5. Sessions were recorded during the autumn of 2014 in Bogalusa, Louisiana, with Randall Dunn returning as producer. The band premiered a new song "Glory, Glory" (the first single) and also announced that they would be performing at Levitation 2015 (Austin Psych Fest) and Sasquatch.
On March 30, the band announced via Facebook that they would not be continuing on as a musical group, and all future appearances cancelled. 
- Chris Cheveyo – lead guitar/composer
- Rabia Shaheen Qazi – lead vocalist
- Richie Rekow – bass/1st male vocalist
- Nils Petersen – rhythm guitar/2nd male vocalist
- Pat Schowe – drums
- David Davila – piano/organ
- Veronica Dye – flute
- Paul, Gavin. "Spotlight: Rose Windows" [Song Lyrics].
- Gallagher, Brian Thomas. "Riding the bench with Rose Windows at SXSW" [Seattle Times].
- "Rose Windows Biography" Sub Pop Records.
- "Rose Windows Artist Page" Sub Pop Records.
- LaBranche, Katie. "Rose Windows Announce Second Album, Post Glory, Glory Song" Under The Radar.
- Facebook. [https://www.facebook.com/rosewindows/posts/880677888640436