|Directed by||Otto Preminger|
|Produced by||Otto Preminger|
|Written by||Erik Lee Preminger|
John V. Lindsay
|Music by||Laurent Petitgirard|
|Cinematography||Denys N. Coop|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
|Running time||126 minutes|
Rosebud is a 1975 film directed by Otto Preminger, and starring Peter O'Toole, Richard Attenborough, and Peter Lawford. The script was by Otto's son, Erik Lee Preminger based on the novel by Joan Hemingway and Paul Bonnecarrere. Originally the film was set to star Robert Mitchum, but he left after disagreements with Preminger. Kim Cattrall, later of Sex and the City fame, makes her film debut, playing a teenager. Barbara Emerson, who had been cast as one of the girls , was replaced during production.
Larry Martin (O'Toole) is a Newsweek reporter, secretly working for the CIA as he travels around the globe tasked, along with Israeli intelligence, to work for the release of five wealthy girls kidnapped by the anti-Israel terrorist Palestinian Liberation Army PLA from the yacht Rosebud. Martin must contend with the girl's fathers, all of whom are wealthy, connected and concerned. Sloat (Attenborough), the extremist head of Black September, is connected with the kidnappings, and is subsequently hunted down after his plans for a centralized global terrorist network are uncovered.
- Peter O'Toole ... Larry Martin
- Richard Attenborough ... Edward Sloat
- Cliff Gorman ... Yafet Hemlekh
- Claude Dauphin ... Charles-Andre Fargeau
- John Lindsay ... Sen. Donnovan
- Peter Lawford ... Lord Carter
- Raf Vallone ... George Nikolaos
- Adrienne Corri ... Lady Carter
- Isabelle Huppert ... Helene Nikolaos
- Lalla Ward ... Margaret
- Kim Cattrall ... Joyce Donnovan
- Debra Berger ... Gertrude
- Canby, Vincent. "NY Times: Rosebud". NY Times. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "Suspense drama introduces five actresses". The Blade (Toledo, Ohio). 11 September 1974. p. P4. Available online.
- Fujiwara, Chris (2008). The world and its double: the life and work of Otto Preminger. Faber and Faber. p. 400. ISBN 9780571211173.