|Elevation||2,267 ft (691 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1494263|
Rosedale is an unincorporated community in Russell County, Virginia, United States. Rosedale is located at the junction of U.S. Route 19 and Virginia State Route 80 4.6 miles (7.4 km) south-southeast of Honaker. The community was founded in 1819. Rosedale hads a post office with ZIP code 24280, which opened on February 26, 1897. Rosedale was named for the area's Rosedale Plantation; the plantation was either named after the couple that owned the property or named for a "rose valley". The community has also been known as Elway and Oaks Garage, the latter name coming from a service station in the settlement.
- "Rosedale". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- Tennis, Joe (2004). Southwest Virginia Crossroads: An Almanac of Place Names And Places to See. The Overmountain Press. p. 166. ISBN 9781570722561.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
|This Russell County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|