8 April 1972 |
Kanoni, Gomba District, Uganda
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration and Management
Master of Arts in Public Administration & Management
|Occupation||Administrator & Politician|
|Years active||1999 — present|
|Title||State Minister for Urban Development|
Mariam Najjemba Mbabaali, formerly known as Rosemary Najjemba Muyinda is a Ugandan politician. She is the current State Minister for Urban Planning in the Ugandan Cabinet. She was appointed to that position on 15 August 2012. She replaced Justine Lumumba Kasule, who was appointed Government Chief Whip. She is the elected Member of Parliament for Gomba County, Gomba District on the National Resistance Movement (NRM) political party ticket.
Mariam Najjemba holds the degree of Bachelor of Arts (BA), in Public Administration and Management, obtained in 1991, from Makerere University, Uganda's oldest institution of tertiary education, which was founded in 1922. She also holds the degree of Master of Arts (MA), in Public Administration and Management, obtained in 1993, also from Makerere University.
Beginning in 1999, until she joined active elective politics in 2006, Mriam Najjemba worked in various administrative roles in the Office of the President of Uganda, including the following:
- As the head of the Women's Desk at State House Uganda
- As Presidential Assistant for Research at State House, Uganda
In 2006, she entered politics as a contestant for the Gomba County parliamentary seat, in what was then Mpigi District. She ran on the ticket of the National Resistance Movement (NRM) political party and won. In 2011, Gomba County was split off Mpigi District, forming Gomba District. She was re-elected in the renamed constituency as is the current incumbent. In a cabinet reshuffle on 15 August 2012, she was appointed State Minister for Urban Planning and Development.
She carries the ffollowing additional responsibilities in parliament:
- She is the Chairperson of the Committee on HIV/AIDS and Related Matters
- She is a Member of the Committee on Natural Resources
- She is a Member of the Appointments Committee
- Butagira, Tabu (15 August 2012). "Museveni Reshuffles Cabinet, Makes Marginal Changes". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Uganda Parlianment, . (2011). "Ms. Najjemba Rosemary Muyinda: Gomba County - Gomba District". Parliament of Uganda (Parliament.Go.Ug/New). Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- The Educational Background of Rosemary Najjemba
- Employment History of Rosemary Najjemba
- Rosemary Najjemba Appointed State Minister for Urban Planning In August 2012
- Rosemary Najjemba Divorces, Re-marries, Changes Religions