From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Rosetta in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rosetta is the diminutive of Italian rosa "rose". It may refer to:
- Rosetta, a city in Egypt.
- Rosetta, Belfast in Northern Ireland
- Rosetta, Tasmania, suburb of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
- Rosetta Head, a prominent headland (commonly called "the Bluff") near Victor Harbor, South Australia
- Rosetta, KwaZulu-Natal, in South Africa
- Rosetta (given name), several people
- a surname
- Virginio Rosetta (1902-1975), an Italian football player
- Rosetta (orbit), a type of orbit seen in spherically symmetric but not potentials
- Rosetta (spacecraft), a European Space Agency-led craft launched in 2004 to study comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
Companies, products, brand names
- Rosetta (software), a software emulator developed by Transitive Corp. for Apple Inc.
- Rosetta, a web-based translation application written by Canonical Ltd. for use on the Linux distribution Ubuntu operating system
- Rosetta, a handwriting recognition system for the OpenZaurus palmtop operating system
- Rosetta, the Apple Newton's handwriting recognition system
- Rosetta, the Microsoft codename of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Rosetta Biosoftware, a subsidiary of Merck & Co.
- Rosetta Genomics, a molecular diagnostics company
Entertainment and pop culture
- Rosetta (band), an American post-metal band formed in 2003
- Rosetta (film), a 1999 Belgian film
- Rosetta (novel), a Star Trek: Enterprise novel
- Rosetta: The Masked Angel (Kamen Tenshi Rosetta), a Japanese toku series that aired in 1998
- "Rosetta" a jazz tune written by Earl Hines
- Rosetta, a form of latte art which resembles a flower
- Rosetta, the Japanese name of Rosalina, a character in the video game Super Mario Galaxy
- Rosetta Passel, a character in Kaleido Star anime series
- "Rosetta" a 1971 UK hit single by Alan Price and Georgie Fame.
- Angelo Rosetta, a fictional character from the Australian soap opera Home and Away
- The Rosetta Stone, an inscribed stone which led to the modern translation of Egyptian hieroglyphs
- Rosetta Stone (disambiguation)
- Rosetta Project, a global collaboration which collects and archives languages in danger of extinction
- Rosetta-lang, a system-level specification language
- RosettaNet, a standardisation proposal for commercial information
- HD-Rosetta, a permanent data storage device
- Hippotion rosetta, a moth species found in Asia
- Rosette (disambiguation)
- Rosetta@home, a freeware program available to help predict and design protein structures
- CS-ROSETTA, a framework for structure calculation of biological macromolecules on the basis of conformational information from NMR
- Rosetta is the HL7 health interface software module for the NextGen Healthcare Information Systems medical record.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Rosetta. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.