Rosewood, North Carolina
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2009)|
The community contains an elementary(k-5), middle(6-8), and high(9-12) school. Rosewood Middle is at the intersection of Rosewood Road and 581 S. in the original Rosewood School building. Rosewood High School is adjacent to the middle school on Rosewood Road. The elementary school is on the corner of Rosewood Road and Charlie Braswell Road.
The community operates two volunteer fire departments, Rosewood and Oakland. There are several churches of various denominations within Rosewood including Rosewood First Baptist, Rosewood Church of God, Pine Forest United Methodist Church, Barnes Chapel Church, and Westwood United Methodist Church. There are several families who have been in the community for several generations and still remain active parts of the community.
In recent years the city of Goldsboro has satellite annexed areas nearby the community in order for several stores to move into the area inclucing McDonalds, Dominos, Walmart, and Dollar Tree. The main industry is still farming including hog and chicken houses as well as tobacco, corn, sweet potato, strawberry, cotton, and soybean farming.
Rosewood is a politically conservative community and represented by Republicans in the local and state legislators. Steve Keen was elected to the Wayne County Commission representing the Rosewood and Grantham Communities in 2008. Rosewood is represented by Efton Sager in the North Carolina House and David Rouzer in the North Carolina Senate, both of which were also elected in 2008.
- Air: Raleigh-Durham International Airport is the closest major airport with service to more than 45 domestic and international destinations. Goldsboro-Wayne Municipal Airport is an airport located nearby, but is only used for general aviation.
- Interstate Highway: I-795 is the closest Interstate to Rosewood, which is located 3.5 miles east in Goldsboro.
- Rosewood is not served directly by passenger trains. The closest Amtrak station is located in Selma.
- Bus: The area is served by Greyhound with a location in nearby Goldsboro.
- The main highway near Rosewood is U.S. Route 70, just to the north.
|This article about a location in Wayne County, North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|