|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
|State electorate(s)||Ipswich West|
Rosewood is a small town in the Bremer Valley, Queensland, Australia. It is located 60 km west of the Brisbane CBD in the Ipswich City Council area and is the terminus of QR Citytrain's Rosewood railway line. Rosewood railway station provides Citytrain commuter rail services to Ipswich and Brisbane via Ipswich. At the 2006 census, Rosewood had a population of 1,966.
The first coal mine in the Lanefield district, west of Rosewood, commenced production in 1918. As part of these workings, two railway branches from the Brisbane to Toowoomba main line were constructed to the mines at Lanefield Colliery (1934 to 1965) and Westvale Colliery (1929 to 1960).
- Rosewood State High School
- Rosewood State School
- St Brigid's Primary School
Rosewood has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- 1 John Street: Rosewood Police Complex
- 96 John Street: Glendalough, Rosewood
- 28 Matthew Street: St Brigids Church
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Rosewood (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- Place name details
- Colliery Branches of the Lanefield District Milne, Rod Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin, March, 1987, pp62-66
- "Rosewood Police Complex (entry 15874)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Glendalough (entry 15510)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "St Brigids Church (entry 15511)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Ipswich City Council - Division 10
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Rosewood and Rosewood Shire
|This Ipswich, Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|