||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (May 2012)|
|Field||radio and television game show host|
Roshan Abbas started Encompass in 1996, which grew from a creative event agency to an experiential marketing agency that is now aligned with the JWT network.
As a radio jockey he created over 3000 hours of radio programming winning four awards at the Radio and Television Artiste Awards in India. Having enjoyed a career as a successful TV host for shows like ‘Family Fortunes’, ‘Born Lucky’ and ‘This is Your Life’ he has also been awarded as ‘Best Television Show Host’ at the Annual TV Awards in 2001.
In 2009, Roshan began work on directing a film based on an adaptation of a play about high school called Graffiti that he had written and directed back in 1999. The lines for the film were written in 2003, with the help of his co-writer, Ranjit Raina. The film is "based on Delhi's school life" and will be itself filmed in "Delhi, Mumbai and Lucknow".
- "ROSHAN ABBAS".
- "JWT acquires majority stake in Encompass". Zee News. January 29, 2008. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "An Interview with TV anchor Roshan Abbas". IndianTelevision.com. May 23, 2002. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "Ad world's biggest award show Cannes Lions starts in 10 days". The Economic Times. June 4, 2008. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "Roshan Abbas joining hands with Shahrukh". Oneindia.in. December 18, 2008. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "Is that Roshan Abbas?". The Times of India. September 27, 2009. Retrieved October 28, 2010.