|Yang Berhormat Datuk
Rosnah Abdul Rashid Shirlin
|Malaysian Deputy Minister of Works|
16 May 2013
|Preceded by||Yong Khoon Seng|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Papar, Sabah
|Preceded by||Osu Sukam|
|Malaysian Deputy Minister of Health|
10 April 2009 – 5 May 2013
|Minister||Liow Tiong Lai|
|Succeeded by||Hilmi Yahaya|
|Born||10 July 1972|
|Political party||UMNO—Barisan Nasional|
|Spouse(s)||Fadli Juanas (m. 2008)|
|Occupation||Member of Parliament|
Datuk Rosnah Abdul Rashid Shirlin is a Malaysian politician. She is currently the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Papar constituency in Sabah, representing the United Malay National Organisation party. She is a Deputy Minister for Works in the Barisan Nasional coalition government.
Rosnah was born on the 10th of July 1972 in Kota Belud, Sabah Malaysia. Her father is an engineer while her mother is a housewife. Rosnah married a Fadli Juanas on the 11th of July 2008. Rosnah and her family resides in her hometown Papar, Sabah.
Rosnah was elected to Parliament in the 2004 election, after being nominated by Barisan Nasional to replace its incumbent member Osu Sukam. Her election was unopposed. Before her election, she was a lawyer, and the head of UMNO's Puteri (female youth) wing in Sabah.
- Timbalan Menteri Kesihatan Malaysia 2009–present
- Admitted as a Partner of Jeffrey Chu & Shirlin 2002
- Attached as Legal Assistant at Jeffrey Chu & Shirlin Aug 1999
- Attached as Legal Assistant at Messrs Raj & Co. Oct 1998 -July 1999
- Attached as Legal Assistant at Messrs Francis Liong & Co. Sept 1998
- Admitted to Practise as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court in Sabah & Sarawak March 1997
- Chambering at Messrs Francis Liong & Co. Feb 1996
Awards And Acknowledgement
A.D.K. Ahli Darjah Kinabalu
A.S.D.K Ahli Darjah Setia Kinabalu
J.P Jaksa Pendamai Justice of Peace
P.G.D.K Pingat Gemilang Darjah Kinabalu
|2004||Rosnah Shirlin (UMNO)||Unopposed|
|2008||Rosnah Shirlin (UMNO)||15,352||62%||Wahap Idris (PKR)||5,778||23%|||
|2013||Rosnah Shirlin (UMNO)||21,196||65%||Mohamad Yahya (PKR)||10,661||18%|
- "Rosnah binti Haji Abdul Rashid Shirlin, Y.B. Datuk" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 29 March 2010.[dead link]
- "40 new faces for Sabah BN". Daily Express (Malaysia). 12 March 2004. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Sabah delivers half the seats". Daily Express (Malaysia). 14 March 2004. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Pictures of who’s in and who’s out given prominence". The Star (Malaysia) (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 13 March 2004. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Rosnah new Puteri chief". The Star (Malaysia) (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 26 March 2009. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Ten Fresh Faces In Najib's Administration". Bernama. 9 April 2009. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Rosnah wants Trans-Borneo Highway to become a reality". The Borneo Post. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 29 March 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Two independents shared 2,697 of the vote.