Ross (1983 album)
|Studio album by Diana Ross|
|Released||June 9, 1983|
|Producer||Gary Katz, Diana Ross, Ray Parker Jr|
|Diana Ross chronology|
|Singles from Ross|
Ross is a 1983 album by American singer Diana Ross, her third released on the RCA label. It was released shortly before Ross gave a pair of free concerts in New York's Central Park. The album reached #32 on the US charts, #14 on the US R&B charts and #44 in the UK. It has never been reissued as a digital download. The album's highest international chart position was in Sweden, where it reached #7.
Five of the eight tracks were produced by Gary Katz, two by Ray Parker Jr and one by Ross. The album's first single, "Pieces of Ice", peaked at #31 on the US charts. Subsequent singles "Up Front" (US R&B #60, UK #79) and "Let's Go Up" (US #77) were also minor hits. "Up Front" was remixed by Jolley & Swain for its European release.
- "That's How You Start Over" (Ed Sanford, Michael McDonald) – 4:09
- "Love Will Make It Right" (Donald Fagen) – 4:44
- "You Do It" (Deborah Allen, Eddie Struzick, Rafe Van Hoy) – 4:31
- "Pieces of Ice" (John Capek, Marc Jordan) – 4:54
- "Let's Go Up" (Franne Golde, Peters Ivers) – 4:01
- "Love or Loneliness" (Ray Parker Jr.) – 4:17
- "Up Front" (Ray Parker Jr.) – 3:56
- "Girls" (Bill Wray, Marc Jordan, Diana Ross) – 3:58