Bishopstown, County Cork, Ireland
|Known for||Michelin starred Chapter One|
Lewis grew up on a farm and went on to study Dairy Science at University College Cork. He discovered cooking as a living while working on a student visa in the United States. He later went to London to learn the trade of a chef. Through a schoolmate he found a job at the restaurant Odin's, owned by Peter Langan. From there he went on to Dolphin Brasserie as junior manager and to Le Chat Botté Restaurant at the Beau Rivage Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland. He came back in Ireland in 1990 and some time later took the chance of taking over Chapter One in the Dublin Writers Museum. The restaurant started trading in 1992. 
Ross Lewis claims to be a hands-on chef. This visible in his participation in festivals, giving lectures, demonstrations and workshops. To name a few:
- Taste of Dublin 2007-2011
- Front man for the first Taste of Cork Festival/EatCork Festival in 2008.
- Kinsale Food Festival 2008 
- Chef at EatCork 2010
- cookery demonstrations at Waterford Food Festival 2011
- Guest chef of Féile Bia na Mara 2011 (Achill Seafood Festival).
- "Cork Independent 12-06-2008". Corkindependent.com. 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "Féile Bia na Mara 2011". Feilebianamara.ie. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Hough, Jennifer (2011-05-19). "Guests tuck into finest fare country has to offer". Irishexaminer.com. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Festival Events[dead link]
- "Lawlors Hotel". Lawlors Hotel. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "Sunday Independent 20-5-2010" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "Michelin online". Michelin online. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "Chapter One". Goodfoodireland.ie. Retrieved 2012-02-07.