The Rossion Q1 is a sports car from US car maker Rossion Automotive. It is based on the Noble M400. Development on the Rossion Q1 began after acquiring the rights to the Noble M400 in February 2007. The goal was to design a completely new car fusing the sporty strengths of the M400 with luxurious appointments. In June of 2013, RP High Performance acquired Mosler Automotive (based in Riviera Beach, FL USA) and moved the entire manufacturing facility from South Africa to the current location in the United States. Production of the ROSSION Q1R began in July 2013 which is the track version of the existing Q1 (street) model. A redesign of the Mosler is underway, which will be released in the future with no definitive date yet planned. Current Q1 and Q1R models are constructed of complete carbon-kevlar body.
The 2015 Rossion Q1 has a max power of 508 bhp (379 kW) at 4700 rpm, with a torque figure of 521 lb·ft (706 N·m) at 4700 rpm. It has a power-to-weight ratio of 487 bhp/ton. It reaches 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 2.8 seconds,* a 0-100 mph (160 km/h) in 6.9 seconds,* and has a top speed of 195 mph (314 km/h). The quarter mile is reached in 10.2 seconds* at 134 mph (216 km/h). (weight-to-power ratio = 4.5 lb/hp) As with the Noble M400, the Rossion uses a mid-mounted, transverse, single turbocharged V6 Ford Duratec engine. *manufacturer estimates based on climate conditions and driver capability.
The body for the Q1 has been redesigned with total carbon-kevlar body, a new front end, large integrated air intakes and ram air side window ducts. A rear carbon-kevlar diffuser, in conjunction with the flat under tray, creates downforce on the chassis for high speed grip and stability. Other improvements over the M400 include power windows, remote power side mirrors, LCD touch-screen management system, back up camera, WiFi with bluetooth compatibility, smart phone link and center mounted wide screen entertainment system. Based on the Rossion website the Rossion Q1 will be available with unlimited body colors, but popular pantones are named and coordinated for national racing colors and famous race circuits around the world. The interior has also been redesigned to be intuitive and comfortable but without extraneous features consisting of high grade leather, alcantara and diamond stitching options.
- "Rossion Q1 from Rossion Automotive". Rossion.com. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Lieberman, Jonny (August 27, 2009). "First Drive: Rossion Q1 is a supercar for the slightly rich". Autoblog. Weblogs, Inc. Retrieved November 10, 2009.
- "Rossion Cars". Rossion Automotive. Retrieved February 27, 2014.(Q1 Specs)
- "Rossion Automotive Announces World Debut of Thrilling New Rossion Q1". Rossion. 2007-07-09. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Rossion Q1: New U.S. Supercar Comes From Noble Stock". Edmunds Inc. 2007-07-12. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "The Rossion Q1 - Detail". Rossion. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "The Rossion Q1 - Colors". Rossion. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Rossion Q1 Supercar Goes Out on South African Roads". Edmunds Inc. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2008-08-06.