The Rossion Q1 is a sports car from US car maker 1g Racing/Rossion Automotive. It is based on the Noble M400. Founders Ian Grunes and Dean Rosen began development on the Rossion Q1 after acquiring the rights to the Noble M400 in February 2007. Their goal was to design a completely new car fusing the sporty strengths of the M400 with luxurious appointments.
The Rossion Q1 has a max power of 450 bhp (340 kW) at 5800 rpm, with a torque figure of 390 lb·ft (530 N·m) at 4400 rpm. It has a power-to-weight ratio of 418 bhp/ton. It reaches 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 3.1 seconds, a 0-100 mph (160 km/h) in 7.7 seconds, and has a top speed of 189 mph (304 km/h). The quarter mile is reached in 11.3 seconds at 123 mph (198 km/h). As with the Noble M400, the Rossion uses a mid-mounted, transverse, twin turbocharged V6 Ford Duratec engine.
The body for the Q1 has been redesigned with a new front end, large integrated air intakes, and ram air side window ducts. A rear diffuser in conjunction with the flat under tray creates downforce on the chassis, for high speed grip and stability. Other improvements over the M400 include power windows, remote power side mirrors, and center mounted wide screen entertainment system. Based on the Rossion website the Rossion Q1 will be available 17 different body colors, named and coordinated for national racing colors and famous race circuits around the world. The interior has also been redesigned to be intuitive and comfortable but without extraneous features.
- "Rossion Q1 from Rossion Automotive". Rossion.com. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Lieberman, Jonny (August 27, 2009). "First Drive: Rossion Q1 is a supercar for the slightly rich". Autoblog. Weblogs, Inc. Retrieved November 10, 2009.
- "Rossion Cars". Rossion Automotive. Retrieved February 27, 2014.(Q1 Specs)
- "Rossion Automotive Announces World Debut of Thrilling New Rossion Q1". Rossion. 2007-07-09. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Rossion Q1: New U.S. Supercar Comes From Noble Stock". Edmunds Inc. 2007-07-12. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "The Rossion Q1 - Detail". Rossion. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "The Rossion Q1 - Colors". Rossion. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Rossion Q1 Supercar Goes Out on South African Roads". Edmunds Inc. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2008-08-06.