Rosslare Strand railway station
Trá Ros Láir
The early afternoon train to Dublin in platform 1
|Local authority||County Wexford|
|Platforms in use||2|
|24 June 1882||Opened, as Rosslare|
|17 May 1889||Closed|
|6 August 1894||Reopened|
|18 September 2010||Services to Waterford cease|
|Iarnród Éireann - Ireland railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
The station is staffed and has a ticket office, waiting room and toilets. However it is planned to destaff the station 
There are two platforms, one on the passing loop. The mothballed South Wexford section of the Limerick-Rosslare railway line can be accessed only via the second platform, the junction being on the passing loop.
Mothballing of Rosslare Europort to Waterford Rail Section
The final Rosslare Europort to Limerick passenger service ran on Saturday 18 September 2010, which saw the mothballing of most of the Rosslare Europort to Waterford section of track, except for the Waterford to Belview section which is used several times a week by freight trains.
Replacement bus service to Waterford
The rail service to Wellingtonbridge and Waterford is replaced by a revised Bus Éireann route 370 which caters for those affected by the suspension of the railway service.The bus stop is located on Strand Road in the centre of Rosslare Strand around five minutes on foot from the rail station.
The station opened on 24 June 1882.
Prior to track modifications in 1973 it was possible to access the Waterford line from both platforms.
A signal cabin was at the Wexford end of the main platform.
|Preceding station||Iarnród Éireann||Following station|
Accidents and incidents
- On 13 August 1974, two passenger trains were involved in a head-on collision at Rosslare Strand. Fifteen people were injured.
- http://www.irishrail.ie/accessibility Irish Rail Accessiblity Website
- "Rosslare Strand" (PDF). Railscot - Irish Railways. Retrieved 7 September 2007.
- "Report of Inquiry into the collision that occurred at Rosslare Strand Station on 13th August, 1974" (PDF). RSC. Retrieved 25 August 2008.
- Department of Transport and Power (March 1975). "REPORT OF INQUIRY INTO THE COLLISION THAT OCCURRED AT ROSSLARE STRAND STATION ON 13th AUGUST 1974". The Stationery Office via Rail Accident Investigation Unit. Retrieved 16 May 2014.