|IATA: ROV – ICAO: URRR
|Operator||JSC "Airport Rostov-on-Don"|
|Elevation AMSL||259 ft / 79 m|
|Source: airport website|
Rostov-on-Don Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Ростов-на-Дону) Aeroport Rostov-na-Donu (IATA: ROV, ICAO: URRR) is an international airport located 9 km (6 mi) east of the city of Rostov-on-Don, in southern Russia. In 2011, Rostov Airport handled 1,716,200 passengers (a 19.1% increase compared with 2010) and 5,330 metric tonnes freight (a 5.2% increase).
Rostov Airport became an international airport in 1986.
Airfield built in 1925 direct contact have been established and flights from Rostov to Moscow, passing through the towns of Oryol and Kharkiv. Flights grew in demand, and in 1926 opened a new flight Tbilisi-Rostov-on-Don-Moscow. In 1932, construction began on the first terminal building (currently not used for passenger service). In the postwar years Rostov airport had to be restored from the ruins, to reconstruct and rebuild . Active runway length of 2,000 m, the platform and RD- 5 built in 1949. In 1986, the Rostov airport was given the status of international and regular flights to foreign countries began in 1991. In 1993, the airport was privatized.
Since 2002, the runway is being reconstructed. In 2009, the first stage of reconstruction, including partial resurfacing the runway, taxiway. The second phase involved strengthening and lengthening of its runway from 2,500 to 2,700 m. In parallel, the reconstruction and re-equipment of the passenger terminal took place. In recent years, international sector updated terminal. In 2004, a new departure hall with 300 seats was commissioned. In 2006-2007, carried out modernization and expansion of the hall of the international sector, installed a new conveyor for unloading luggage and new equipment for passport and visa control, mounted two passenger elevators and escalators as well as armchairs with 200 seats . In 2007 renewed VIP-hall was launched. Since February 2009, the airport complex system operates audio-visual alert passengers about flying. Security measures including a centralized system of surveillance and screening equipment were installed at the entrances to the airport terminal. In 2007, passenger traffic has exceeded 1 million people, and in 2011, the airport was able to serve more than 1.5 million passengers
Airlines and destinations
- List of the busiest airports in Russia
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
- L, J (28 January 2014). "Aegean Airlines S14 New Routes Update as of 28JAN14". Airline Route. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Scheduled flights". INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS FROM ROSTOV-ON-DON. JSC Donavia. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "Донавиа с апреля открывает новые маршруты из Екатеринбурга и Краснодара". Interfax. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "АВИАКОМПАНИЯ AIR ARABIA НАМЕРЕНА ОТКРЫТЬ РЕЙС ШАРДЖА - РОСТОВ-НА-ДОНУ". АвиаПорт.Ru. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- air.am - Schedule
- Магасумова, Роза (3 September 2013). "Аэропорт "Нижний Новгород" открывает прямые рейсы на Ростов-на-Дону". БИЗНЕС-ТАСС. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- Плохотниченко, Юрий (23 October 2012). ""Ак Барс Аэро" хочет открыть рейс Сочи - Ростов - Нижний Новгород". TRAVEL.RU. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Schedule". Novosibirsk International Airport. Retrieved 07 April 2014.
- L, J (26 March 2014). "Azerbaijan Airlines Expands Russia / Belarus Operation from mid-May 2014". Airline Route. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "flydubai doubles Russia and Ukraine network". Arabian Aerospace. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Rostov-on-Don charter timetable". Information and Services. Rostov-on-Don Airport. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "SCAT открывает шесть новых рейсов". Kapital.kz. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Schedule". City pairs Schedule. JSC "TRANSAERO" Airlines. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- L, J (26 April 2013). "Tunisair to Start Rostov Operation from late-May 2013". Routesonline / Routes. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Flights". Ukraine International Airlines. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "Schedule from city Rostov-on-Don, 12.03.2013 – 07.03.2014". Schedule. Utair Aviation. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- "New UTair Route Connecting Rostov-on-Don to Frankfurt am Main". News. Utair-Aviation. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- L, J (2 April 2014). "UTair S14 Planned New Routes". Airline Route. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- (Russian) Rostov-on-Don Airport official website
- Accident history for ROV at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for URRR at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for URRR at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for URRR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.