|IATA: none – ICAO: KFWQ – FAA LID: FWQ|
|Owner||Westmoreland County Airport Authority|
|Location||Rostraver Township, Pennsylvania|
|Elevation AMSL||1,228 ft / 374 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Rostraver Airport (ICAO: KFWQ, FAA LID: FWQ, formerly P53) is a public use airport in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is located five nautical miles (9 km) east of the central business district of Monongahela, Pennsylvania (a suburb of Pittsburgh) in Rostraver Township. It is operated by the Westmoreland County Airport Authority, which also operates the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Unity Township, Pennsylvania.
Facilities and aircraft
Rostraver Airport covers an area of 300 acres (120 ha) at an elevation of 1,228 feet (374 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway designated 8/26 which measures 4,001 by 75 feet (1,220 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 22, 2009, the airport had 43,542 aircraft operations, an average of 119 per day: 98% general aviation, 2% air taxi and <1% military. At that time there were 113 aircraft based at this airport: 84% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, 4% helicopter, 1% glider and 1% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FWQ ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Great Circle Mapper: KFWQ - Monongahela, Pennsylvania - Rostraver Airport
- Westmoreland County Airport Authority
- Rostraver Airport (P53) at Pennsylvania DOT Bureau of Aviation
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FWQ, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: