||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Possible copyvio issues, needs editing for neutrality, some refs are dead links, MoS issues. (January 2011)|
|Motto||Self Development - Fellowship Through Service|
207,690(December 31, 2011)
|Official languages||English, Swedish, Portuguese, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Korean, and Japanese|
Rotaract originally began as a Rotary International youth program in 1968 at Charlotte North Rotary Club in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, and has grown into a major Rotary-sponsored organization of over 9,539 clubs spread around the world and 219,397 members. It is a service, leadership and community service organization for young men and women between the ages 18–30.  Rotaract focuses on the development of young adults as leaders in their communities and workplaces. Clubs around the world also take part in international service projects, in a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the world.
"Rotaract" stands for "Rotary in Action", although the name originally comes from a combination of "Rotary" and "Interact" (International + Action), the high school level program created by Rotary International in 1962.
Most Rotaract activities take place at the club level. Rotaract clubs hold formal meetings, usually every two weeks, which feature speakers, special outings, social activities, discussions or visits to other clubs. Club members get together on designated days for service project work, social events, or professional/leadership development workshops.
The purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities, and to promote better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.
To be eligible for membership, prospective members must be 18–30 years of age, show that they are committed to Rotaract, and show that they are of good standing in the community. After being approved by the club, prospective members are 'inducted' to become members, also known as 'Rotaractors'. Clubs generally charge a small annual membership fee to cover costs. San Diego State Rotaract is the only known Rotaract Club to conduct an interview process and only allows in the top 50 leaders on campus who have a passion for "Service Above Self."
Rotaract conducts many programs, which are activities with a charitable purpose. The dual roles of Rotaract is for young adults (18 to 30 years of age) and college and university students to "give something back."
Around the world, many Rotaract clubs are also involved with providing direct community service projects, for example, the Launchpad for youth from a group home in Valletta, Malta, which allows the boys to become independent, Habitat for Humanity in California, reaching out to help poor young children for "Children's Empowerment Week" in Birmingham, Alabama, and America's Second Harvest in Kansas, amongst many other good works.
Rotaract multidistrict information organizations (MDIOs) function as regional resource centers for Rotaractors. They comprise Rotaract clubs in two or more districts, within a country or across several countries. MDIOs are formed to disseminate information and facilitate communication among Rotaract clubs in the participating districts.Rotaract MDIOs are excellent vehicles for communicating program updates, local and international news, and event bulletins, and for uniting Rotaractors from different clubs and districts within a particular region. MDIOs frequently offer Rotaractors information in the form of publications, Internet services, and direct links with RI staff. See the Worldwide Rotaract Directory for specific names, districts, and contacts. Get in touch with representatives of the participating districts for more information.
- Official Site of Rotaract Club of Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, District 3300
- Official Site of Rotaract Santiago de los Caballeros, Santiago (Dominican Republic), District 4060
- The Official Rotaract Website, Accessed May 6, 2008].
- "Rotary At A Glance", Accessed May 16, 2012].
- Rotaract Council tackles age limit, dues , Accessed May 23, 2011].
- Rotaract Club of UOW - About Rotaract, Accessed May 6, 2008].
- Rotaract Club of South Perth , Accessed May 6, 2008].
- "Interact Hanbook"
- Sydney City Rotaract Club , Accessed May 6, 2008].
- Rotaract Club Constanta Romania , Accessed February 5, 2008].
- Darwin Rotaract Club , Accessed May 6, 2008].
- Rotaract Club of Nicosia
- Rotaract District 9750, Training Manual for Rotaract Clubs of District 9750, Accessed May 6, 2008].
- Staff, Have fun and give something back, Parkes (Australia) Champion-Post, 6 February 2008, found at Parkes Champion-Post article. Accessed February 26, 2008].
- Staff, Rotary Club will hold Mexican dinner, Ventura County Star, February 18, 2008, found at Ventura County Star article of February 18, 2008; David M. Smith, Camarillo Rotary Club to host "Viva La Comida" event, February 15, 2008, found at Ventura County Star article of February 15, 2008. Both accessed February 26, 2008.
- Claudia Calleja, Youngsters embark on a launch pad for life, The Malta Times, 27th January 2008, fiund at Times of Malta article on Launchpad. Accessed February 26, 2008.
- Shannon Urtowski, A professor to 'count' on, The Graphic, (Pepperdine University college newspaper), February 26, 2008 found at Pepperdine Graphic article. Accessed February 26, 2008.
- Lisa Osborne, Young professionals spend week reaching out to kids: Lessons focus on unity, opportunity, The Birmingham News, September 16, 2007, found at Birmingham News article; Broadcast television story, FOX6 at your school, 18 Sep. 2007, found at Fox Broadcast. Both accessed February 26, 2008.
- , In Ghana, they go on NID's, (National immunization Day) campaigns to immunise children from the six killer diseases, Community Service Group For Young Adults in Tri-Cities Looking For New Members, February 13, 2008, found at KNDO news story. Accessed February 26, 2008.
- RSA MDIO. Accessed September 19, 2013.